TB 7-07 in RED Former Indiana State Police light

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
All,

My recent snag from the bay. This is a used TB 7-07 in RED. This light is the older style, narrow back teardrop that is modeled after FS Fireballs. It accepts F7 domes.

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_TB_207_07_20RED_IMG_20121030_130605.jpg

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_TB_207_07_20RED_IMG_20121030_130654.jpg

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_TB_207_07_20RED_IMG_20121030_130847.jpg

The internals:

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_TB_207_07_20RED_IMG_20121030_130737.jpg

And the INDIANA STATE POLICE inventory tag:

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_TB_207_07_20RED_IMG_20121030_130806.jpg

I usually don't stray too far from Federal Signal products in my collection, but I couldn't resist this being that it still has the inventory tag on the bottom.

The light is fully functional, it is missing the cigar plug. I haven't decided if I am going to restore it or leave it as is for the vintage look.

Enjoy and as always comments welcome.

Chris

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Good find Chris, I havent seen a teardrop in use there in quite a while. Indiana has always been into putting property tags on their stuff. Ive got some Dashlazers that have the tag's on them. At one auction I went to they had boxes full of the Dashlazer's with flashmirror's as they used them in the rear deck and on front dash. They must have had a problem with them coming up missing at one point or another.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Nice grab! I like the old dome on it. If you can shine it a bit, it would be a good display piece.

On a completely useless point, though, I like how it's got LOL stamped on it j/k ;)

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
toon80 said:
Nice grab! I like the old dome on it. If you can shine it a bit, it would be a good display piece.
On a completely useless point, though, I like how it's got LOL stamped on it j/k ;)

Didn't think about that when I took the dome pic but your right it does look like that. :haha:

Hoser said:
Good find Chris, I havent seen a teardrop in use there in quite a while. Indiana has always been into putting property tags on their stuff. Ive got some Dashlazers that have the tag's on them. At one auction I went to they had boxes full of the Dashlazer's with flashmirror's as they used them in the rear deck and on front dash. They must have had a problem with them coming up missing at one point or another.

My guess is this light must have been used in either a detective or a supervisors unmarked. The light has the full length cord, just missing the cigar plug so I am guessing it was hard wired at some point. I don't know much ISP history and their use of teardrops but if there is anyone who does please share.

Thanks,

Chris

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
The model number it shows doesn't ring any bells, but it looks a whole lot like one of the SVP teardrops. They were inexpensive and were all over the place. I have three of them: two reds and one blue. One of the reds has a halogen bulb and the big magnet, as does the blue..except with the small bulb. The other red has an incandescent bulb and the old style magnets. All are good lights. But nothing beats an original FB1!

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Skip Goulet said:
The model number it shows doesn't ring any bells, but it looks a whole lot like one of the SVP teardrops. They were inexpensive and were all over the place. I have three of them: two reds and one blue. One of the reds has a halogen bulb and the big magnet, as does the blue..except with the small bulb. The other red has an incandescent bulb and the old style magnets. All are good lights. But nothing beats an original FB1!

Skip,

The SVP teardrops you speak of are later production than this one. A F 7 Federal Fire Ball dome will fit on this light. The back is far more tapered that the SVP's. I have two of the SVP's that you speak of, the one with a single large magnet I actually use as a throw light in my truck still. The other has the more traditional 3 small magnet system.

This light I believe was a copy/blend of FS Fire Ball FB11/FBH11's. It has a fraction drive, not geared. It uses the GE1195 bulb, which is similar the the Fire Ball bulb. I agree with you that nothing is a substitution for an original Fire Ball though:thumbsup:!!

This was just a neat/different item that I thought would be nice for the collection since it has an inventory label. It is interesting all the different copies of lights by different companies. This light has stamped on the bottom " Made to TB specs in Hong Kong" just above the inventory label. No other markings.

It actually rotates about as fast as one of my gear driven FB-1's.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: QUICKONE

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Tuf-Built 7-07 and Dietz 7-07 are the same, just different markings and use domes that are the same size as the Fed Sig Fireball/Flashball.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Thanks for the info! I remember reading something about this similarity but had forgotten which companies were involved.

Thanks again!!

Chris

stansdds said:
Tuf-Built 7-07 and Dietz 7-07 are the same, just different markings and use domes that are the same size as the Fed Sig Fireball/Flashball.

patrol530 said:
Tuff-Bilt manufacturing, out of Syracuse NY. the light was known as the "Chief", I've got a catalog from 1980.

ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c66_patrol530_tuffbilt001.jpg

This is actually a well built light, better than what I expected from the pics I saw prior to delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Lt.214 said:
Skip,

The SVP teardrops you speak of are later production than this one. A F 7 Federal Fire Ball dome will fit on this light. The back is far more tapered that the SVP's. I have two of the SVP's that you speak of, the one with a single large magnet I actually use as a throw light in my truck still. The other has the more traditional 3 small magnet system.

This light I believe was a copy/blend of FS Fire Ball FB11/FBH11's. It has a fraction drive, not geared. It uses the GE1195 bulb, which is similar the the Fire Ball bulb. I agree with you that nothing is a substitution for an original Fire Ball though:thumbsup:!!

This was just a neat/different item that I thought would be nice for the collection since it has an inventory label. It is interesting all the different copies of lights by different companies. This light has stamped on the bottom " Made to TB specs in Hong Kong" just above the inventory label. No other markings.

It actually rotates about as fast as one of my gear driven FB-1's.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for that info, Chris. While I love the old FBs, the noise those old gears drove me crazy! The small town of Hale Center, TX, a bit north of Lubbock had a '62 Chevy wagon as their ambulance for many years. It had a 174 "wig-wag" beacon on the front center of the roof flanked by a pair of original red Fireballs, and had a doubletone siren underhood. I loved that old wagon because it was fast runner, but sitting under those screaching Fireballs with the noise vibrating thru the roof ran me crazy! Like I said, neat old car, though, and it looked neat with the Fireballs on top.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.