Virginia
Teaneck Volunteer Ambulance Corps

Man, they have a lot of lights.

3Rigs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
I'm all for warning lights (who would have guessed??), but those just look bad. If they lost the bar on top of the box they wouldn't be so bad. I'm also not a fan of all the blue lights. I do however like the Q's.

Dan

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
50theman said:
Sorry John,

I'll lock it up.

Doesn't mean we can't discuss it more...... I just wanted to link the two posts at least.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Amongst all the other lights on these trucks, is the Dash Light really necessary...? lol Of course, half the lights on the front aren't necessary... lol

BackYardSales

Dec 5, 2011
US - KY
Those Qs look to be sacrificial. As in the first to get crushed if they hit something.

As for the top lightbar, I guess they don't have too many low bridges in their district.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Have seen those trucks all lit up on Rt 4, what you can't see in the photos is the mil-surplus generator trailer following along behind to power all those flashies & sirens.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Its a nice fire vid but look at 10:38. Let me know what u think of the double lightbars in the front and rear. It seems they like a mix of everything. As u can tell not all the lights were on at the time of the vid. The M7 intersection LEDs were off.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
firefighter7017 said:
It looks like a jumbled, horrible mess in my opinion.

More isn't more effective. KKK minimum is more effective than their setup..... and about 10% of the cost.

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
arsenal10 said:

This is actually tatsetfully done. Is it a little overdone? Yes, but it appears normal. If the patterns are ok, then I think it looks good.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
charlie82 said:
Is it a little overdone? Yes, but

A little? No. Not a little, way overdone. There's 3 times as many lights on there as they need.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
nerdly_dood said:
A little? No. Not a little, way overdone. There's 3 times as many lights on there as they need.

3x and they are all clustered together........

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Ok, Newb...  Why would you be embarrassed...?  

Last I knew, people get into volunteer ambulance companies and fire departments to help people, not to drive the newest and best apparatus...  

As long as they run good, whats it matter...?  I'll agree there is some overkill on the lighting, but I dont see anything wrong with them...

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Ok, Newb... Why would you be embarrassed...?

Last I knew, people get into volunteer ambulance companies and fire departments to help people, not to drive the newest and best apparatus...

As long as they run good, whats it matter...? I'll agree there is some overkill on the lighting, but I dont see anything wrong with them...
I'd like to thank you for being so welcoming to newcomers, I really feel welcomed.

As for the embarrassment. I think it's due to having three full lightbars on an ambulance. It gives the wrong impression to the public. I think that using one of those and all the other lights on the rig is more than enough but to each their own.

I also fixed the link for the second video.

Last edited by a moderator:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'd like to thank you for being so welcoming to newcomers, I really feel welcomed.

As for the embarrassment. I think it's due to having three full lightbars on an ambulance. It gives the wrong impression to the public. I think that using one of those and all the other lights on the rig is more than enough but to each their own.

I also fixed the link for the second video.
To each their own. Hell of a light show on those vehicles, but at least its not a split/twinkle fail light show.

Also if you are offended easily, this may not be the forum for you, nor would public safety be any type of volunteer or career for ya. Most in our professions have a thick skin from the constant ribbing. Comes with the territory. (you really must be new in more ways than simply this forum).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Thick+Skin

Oh I also like the lighting on this ambulance..

abenstineman.com_stuff_waambulance.jpg

Merry Christmas all!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.