Teardrops!

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
I had a good week. First I found a NOS Yankee Teardrop, at Goodwill, of all places, in the box, with the shield, magnetic plate, and mounting screw. It has a dietz band, a TB dome, and a dietz base, and the model number is 1166, the same as an SVP teardrop.

The second is a red teardrop, that was described as a "warning light" on a local online auction. When I went to pick it up, it is a federal fireball FB-2, serial 2A12 printed on the band, and B1 stamped on it.

Clarence

101_4914.jpg

101_4915.jpg

101_4916.jpg

101_4917.jpg

101_4918.jpg

101_4919.jpg

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Those Yankee teardrops are odd with the model number. Model 1166 is a SVP teardrop, but nothing but the bulbs interchange between the two. The Yankee/Dietz/Tuff-Built use the same size lens as the Federal Fireball and a drive system very similar to that of the FB-11 version of the Fireball.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
RES347CUE said:
emerg lights for sale at good will imagine :)

I once found a mint Motorola HT1000 with accs and an Adlake all brass antique railway lock (lock worth $250) at two different Goodwill stores about 25 hours from one another. Sometimes worth checking out.

Spent less than 30 on both items.

Oh yea back on topic- nice lights!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.