Tecniq D21 Rocker Panel

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Hey all,
I've been looking for essentially a dummy rocker panel light that I can tie into my carbide for my f150.
Theres alot of good options out there but nothing truly dummy.
I came across these on Covert Lights called the tecniq D21. They link together, 9 leds per module, the price you cant beat, and also waterproof. I've seen these on the back of some Horton ambulances acting as warning lights and light up chevrons. While not primary warning they seem to do a pretty good job at secondary warning.
Planning to do 8 amber and 7 white interweaved and tie and the amber to one output and all the white to another output (white acting as warning and step lights)
Have any of you had experience with these lights or see any reason why stringing a set of 15 across the running board would be a bad idea? For the price of just over 200 for both sides of the truck they're considerably less expensive and fit my application much better then any existing option

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
I picked up a set to play around with a few months ago and I was kind of disappointed with it.

The light intensity and beam pattern is very directional - it's most intense head on and that's it.

There is no off axis.

This limits the applications you can use this for and it you plan on using it on your running boards, it should be fine as a secondary warning light.

I don't think any light will make it to the ground, unless you physically point it towards the ground.

If you want puddle lights, tecniq makes some lights better suited for that application.

S18-WC00-1 3.5" x 0.75" Surface mount Area Light hardwired

I am a huge fan of tecniq lights and I use a lot of them, but the d21 was a huge letdown. The unique mounting system doesn't help either, as tecniq doesn't offer any mounting brackets. You have to use the embedded mounting system.

My personal favorite (and cheapest) tecniq dealer online:

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I picked up a set to play around with a few months ago and I was kind of disappointed with it.

The light intensity and beam pattern is very directional - it's most intense head on and that's it.

There is no off axis.

This limits the applications you can use this for and it you plan on using it on your running boards, it should be fine as a secondary warning light.

I don't think any light will make it to the ground, unless you physically point it towards the ground.

If you want puddle lights, tecniq makes some lights better suited for that application.

S18-WC00-1 3.5" x 0.75" Surface mount Area Light hardwired

I am a huge fan of tecniq lights and I use a lot of them, but the d21 was a huge letdown. The unique mounting system doesn't help either, as tecniq doesn't offer any mounting brackets. You have to use the embedded mounting system.

My personal favorite (and cheapest) tecniq dealer online:

Definitely all great info! Thank you very much!
For down and ground lighting I do have other tecniq lights in mind for step lighting in conjunction with the rocker panels. I'm a little disappointed the off axis isnt the greatest but it's only secondary lighting. The mounting is the big turn off for these lights but I believe I can make it work with the pinch weld

I've personally never worked with tecniq lights but heard good things.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.