Testing a Federal Signal Unitrol 9000

fedsig7

May 20, 2010
Santa Rosa, California
Im trying to fully test my Unitrol 9000. The siren works, the slider works, but I can fiqure out how to test the 6 black & white switches on top of the control head, there are about 10 yellow wires coming out of the back, and those are connected to the switches I need tested. I have tried wiring them up with a light bar, but it still is not working. Is this the wrong way to test them? Anyone have any ideas?

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
If your power supply couldn't handle that load, it may not. Try testing something like LEDs on them.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Again, depending on your power supply, if it can't handle the load, then it would appear as if the switch didn't work. Try something that doesn't draw many amps.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
If the switches are connected to a power source, use a voltmeter for testing. If the switches are not connected to a power source, use an ohmmeter for testing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.