Texas DPS "Ghost Riders in The Sky"

Code3EMT

Jun 16, 2010
California
3:45 Mark, one of the guys that jumps out looks like he jumps from like 15 feet up, with the bird still rising.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
So when Texas DPS says stop, you better stop or they will make you stop.

I knew DPS stepped up patrol on the boarder, but did not know they were that stepped up. Like a well trained military force that you do not want to mess with. So when is DPS getting gun ships like a Cobra helo? They already have a small Naval gunship, they need to get a real Air Force gunship now.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
K9Vic said:
So when Texas DPS says stop, you better stop or they will make you stop.

I knew DPS stepped up patrol on the boarder, but did not know they were that stepped up. Like a well trained military force that you do not want to mess with. So when is DPS getting gun ships like a Cobra helo? They already have a small Naval gunship, they need to get a real Air Force gunship now.

Texas RANGERS have sniper teams also sprinkled around the River also.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Kind of sad that a state police force has to do the job of the U S Military.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Wouldn't the TX National Guard be the first step before full military action?

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
mparks said:
The Guard is there, im in the guard and I was deployed to the border for a 6 month term.

What kind of enforcement powers did you have? Were there any issues with Posse Comitatus?

Aug 20, 2010
Texas USA
JazzDad said:
Kind of sad that a state police force has to do the job of the U S Military.

I agree whole heartedly, but you must remember that the distant ancestry of DPS was the original Rangers as founded by Steven F. Austin...so in my book, they still ARE military

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Hoff said:
What kind of enforcement powers did you have? Were there any issues with Posse Comitatus?

The Guard is under state control, so Posse Commitatus does not apply in regards to the enforcement of laws. Enforcement depends on unit mission and commanders intent,

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.