The age old question about whelens color of blue...

harwood39

May 26, 2010
Fargo, ND
Why is whelens color of blue more of a teal compared to everyone else? I have 2 whelen avengers in my windshield and it just doesnt look right with the rest of my lighting... Should I just replace them with something else?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Whelen goes back and forth with the blue (and now the amber hues, see that thread).

Teal plagued \/\/ way back when, years ago. They then corrected it, to the draker hue. They've now regressed into a lighter shade with the new Avengers and LINZ6s. I've heard this come up with nearly all blue avengers. It's not quite teal, but not dark blue either, just lighter.

I personally don't care for the lighter shade, as it seems you don't either. In that case, I'd trade the avengers, plus cash, for a couple Talons. You'll get the shade you like, and correct that pesky pattern button we were discussing the other night too. :thumbsup:

harwood39

May 26, 2010
Fargo, ND
What is the difference between the talons and avenger?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
The Avenger replaced the Talon. The Talon is still made, but for Galls.

Differences, the Avenger has 9 leds per module, the Talon 8 (except for the singles, which I believe the avengers have 8 or 10, for split flash, the Talon still has 8). The Avenger is a bit smaller. To change patterns, the button for the Avenger is on the switch (cut it off and it's more of a pain to switch) while the button is on the Talon (hardwiring not affected). The Avenger also has a few more patterns.

I personally like the Talons better after playing with both.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaptainKeram

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.