The age old question about whelens color of blue...

harwood39

May 26, 2010
Fargo, ND
Why is whelens color of blue more of a teal compared to everyone else? I have 2 whelen avengers in my windshield and it just doesnt look right with the rest of my lighting... Should I just replace them with something else?

Whelen goes back and forth with the blue (and now the amber hues, see that thread).

Teal plagued \/\/ way back when, years ago. They then corrected it, to the draker hue. They've now regressed into a lighter shade with the new Avengers and LINZ6s. I've heard this come up with nearly all blue avengers. It's not quite teal, but not dark blue either, just lighter.

I personally don't care for the lighter shade, as it seems you don't either. In that case, I'd trade the avengers, plus cash, for a couple Talons. You'll get the shade you like, and correct that pesky pattern button we were discussing the other night too. :thumbsup:

What is the difference between the talons and avenger?

The Avenger replaced the Talon. The Talon is still made, but for Galls.

Differences, the Avenger has 9 leds per module, the Talon 8 (except for the singles, which I believe the avengers have 8 or 10, for split flash, the Talon still has 8). The Avenger is a bit smaller. To change patterns, the button for the Avenger is on the switch (cut it off and it's more of a pain to switch) while the button is on the Talon (hardwiring not affected). The Avenger also has a few more patterns.

I personally like the Talons better after playing with both.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381