The Code 3 XL 5000 has been Discontinued what a bummer

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
It was only a matter of time before the XL bit the dust. The last of Code 3 metal rotator bars goes off into the sunset:(.

Start buying parts now if you can afford it!

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
thats the one with the force 4 looking rotators right???

If so........im holding onto my clear domed one :) (even if i have to still get 2 more rotators for it, along with filters)

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Well, it is 2012, maybe the Mayans knew more than we thought.

Jesse Volanti

Sep 27, 2011
USA California
One of my favorite bars next is gone and what ever code 3 has made for it self as a company was always the way of unique shapes and lighting. Well I hope one day I can get one from you all and the a 9000 and a 5000 for memories of my childhood. :cry:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The last code 3 metal rotator bar. Sad. Order your domes now guys.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Hoser said:
Lots of Engines around here have them.

They were, IMHO, the best full sized halogen bar on the market...

They should do what Federal Signal does and fill the housing with LEDs...

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
JohnMarcson said:
They were, IMHO, the best full sized halogen bar on the market...

They should do what Federal Signal does and fill the housing with LEDs...

I agree John, they have been a very popular bar in the fire service. IMHO the taller bars look better up high on a truck and are seen better than the low profile of the LED bar. They made them in all kinds of length's too.

Jesse Volanti

Sep 27, 2011
USA California
Code 3 are just too proud too put LEDs in any of there old bars there is a plus to this there still selling the XL 5100 in the amber market and the 550 or 555 and there still selling the MX 7000 LP 6000 I have a 555 - 2001 and a 420 - 2004 amber I bought new from AWDirect

I wish I could find the metal rotators instead of the free form. :p

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Jesse Volanti said:
Code 3 are just too proud too put LEDs in any of there old bars there is a plus to this there still selling the XL 5100 in the amber market and the 550 or 555 and there still selling the MX 7000 LP 6000 I have a 555 - 2001 and a 420 - 2004 amber I bought new from AWDirect

I dont think pride has anything in it. Just the way the market is going with LEDs. The MX series was very popular and the lower portion is still being used in the LED market. Just another change in technology.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Jesse Volanti said:

It will only be a matter of time before they discontinue them as well. The LP and MX were excellent bars, but since C3 put them damn plastic free forms rotators in them, not so excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
shues said:
It is? In what model?

I believe they called it the Ranger. Same thing they did with the Excalibur base and whatnot, uses the 2100 tops IIRC

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
7d9_z28 said:
I believe they called it the Ranger. Same thing they did with the Excalibur base and whatnot, uses the 2100 tops IIRC

That's interesting! I wonder why it wasn't terribly popular.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
shues said:
That's interesting! I wonder why it wasn't terribly popular.

I wanted to put 2100 domes on my MX7000 base and make an LED bar.. But I think it looks a bit bulky for LED. Especially since the corners bulge out.

Jesse Volanti

Sep 27, 2011
USA California
Well I'll just go with Federal Signal AeroDynic at least you can still get parts and rotators or just buy the SLR with a few saved pay checks But I liked the XL but now I have no other choise but go with a company that sell good quality equipment. The free form rotators don't have the best quality as the metal rotators and the same goes for there gear drive motors noisier than federal but it is what it is. So let it be writon so let it be done.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Jesse Volanti said:
Well I'll just go with Federal Signal AeroDynic at least you can still get parts and rotators or just buy the SLR with a few saved pay checks But I liked the XL but now I have no other choise but go with a company that sell good quality equipment. The free form rotators don't have the best quality as the metal rotators and the same goes for there gear drive motors noisier than federal but it is what it is. So let it be writon so let it be done.

Hands down the aerodynic is the way to go if your lightbar plan includes high profile halogen. Too bad they discontinued the meteor TCL.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
At least as long as the 5100 remains in production, parts will be available. FedSig continues to produce the Aerodynic in halogen rotator and LED form. As long as FedSig can sell enough of them, they will continue to produce them. None of these companies are going to produce things that they can't sell.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
How many spare parts they will stock is another question as well. Most companies in today's economy consider "stocking space" a premium and only make room for so long. Eventually they will get tossed as well. I would definitely recommend buy parts in the near future if you have an outstanding XL project.

pvfdham

Jun 15, 2010
morehouse missouri
Hoser said:
I dont think pride has anything in it. Just the way the market is going with LEDs. The MX series was very popular and the lower portion is still being used in the LED market. Just another change in technology.

code 3 is putting led's in the mx7000 lightbar. its called the RMX lightbar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.