The halogen rotator still lives! - Toronto PI Utility

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Featuring a special guest appearance of synchronized LEDs from Code 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Yea Toronto and Montreal really stuck with Halogen lightbars although Montreal at least, for what I have seen, have finally gone with the LED route with C3 Defenders.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I've been in Montreal for a long time and yes: they still use lots of rotators. They are steadily switching for LEDs. Most of the bars are still MX7000s, and the inboard fast rotator and rear incandescent flashers are now LED modules. Still the outboard rotator remains.

As lafd55 said, they are using some code 3 LED bars, but the transition is a slow one.

As for ambulances, they now are pretty much Whelen pods on the rear cab and lightbars are pretty much gone.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Gotta have halogens to melt the snow off the bar eh?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
It doesn't snow that much...

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8566_16039795259_0470da3c0c_z.jpg

Yeah man, I'm from the frozen tundra of Virginia and that's just a mild dusting for us. It doesn't even get up to the bumpers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.