The New Years Eve "Taxi Squad"

picone239

Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
Lose the light bar, give it some interior lighting, and I think that would be awesome for roadside traffic enforcement.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
We have a pretty cool poster in Ontario which has been around for well, years. I think the addition of the hearse is really appropriate in this case..

2012.jpg

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
These are starting to pop up around the country, this is the first one in Minnesota.

(i have a few photos too but can't get them to upload from my phone.)

Last edited by a moderator:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The choose your ride campaign is at least 5 years old. Some departments just post old cars with the half wrap, and some half wrap newer cars and put them on patrol.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Definitely an interesting concept, just not sure if I like how they're going about accomplishing it. Don't really like half wrapping a car like that, I just feel it limits its use. Does this car get used for regular patrol as well or is it only deployed for special details such as New Years or other drinking holidays. I like the poster from Ontario, put a few of those up and aside from probably saving money, you can definitely put more of those up then you can half wrapped patrol cars. Just my opinion.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
efdny2003 said:
Don't really like half wrapping a car like that, I just feel it limits its use. Does this car get used for regular patrol as well or is it only deployed for special details such as New Years or other drinking holidays.

If ya have 4 min, give the video I put together a view (posted above). I tried to get the main points in there with out making it too boring to watch.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
Peel Regional Police in the Greater Toronto Area had a red crown vic that they put a "Taxi" sign on the roof. Instead of Taxi, it had Police, and had the police phone number on it. It was a traffic enforcement car, with a full slicktop package. People got upset, so they pulled the taxi sign off, and just used it as an unmarked. I thought it was awesome.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I think the ones with the "This ride costs..." make the best impression.

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
unlisted said:
We have a pretty cool poster in Ontario which has been around for well, years. I think the addition of the hearse is really appropriate in this case..

View attachment 45972

Similar campaign from England:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.fife.police.uk/images/drink-drive-poster1web.jpg

Some local campaigns:

[Broken External Image]:http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kul88dWv2W1qz7d8yo1_500.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/b/l/bloody_idiot-1207.jpg

Road safety campaign:

amypolice.qld.gov.au_wp_content_uploads_2013_01_1J3A0330_Large.jpg

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
As far as I know, this is just a CAD picture, I have not seen this in person.  But it is the first Tahoe taxicop car I have seen.

tahoetaxi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I honestly think these are cheesy. Unfortunately, many ppl lack common sense and would not be able to put 2 & 2 together of a half taxi/half police vehicle IMHO.

I think the best way to combat DWI is having more unmarked units to patrol, extra officer training that most DUI Task Force LEOs elsewhere tend to receive, & HARSHER punishment. Personally, even tho it probably confuses a lot of ppl, I like NYPD's unmarked taxis with uniformed officers operating them and the anti-crime unit's assortment of unmarked vehicles (not just the typical unmarked CVPI)

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Might not agree with the concept or doubt its efficiency, but I find it rather creative and out-of-the-box. Probably because I don't drink and drive though. :undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.