The next thing to get "V'ed" by Whelen - The LINZ6V

OTFD122

May 24, 2010
SE Michigan
I like it... Looks like Whelen is "V-ing" a lot of lightheads and I don't think that's a bad thing...

I don't see pricing on any of the W's price lists, I imagine it'll be comparable to a normal LINZ6, as this model does not have the addition of takedowns/puddle lights. Also was unable to find a product sheet or anything of the like.

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_linz62vr_profile_zps59c29541.png

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_linz62vr_puddle_zps05d87dd1.png

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e268_OTFD122_linz62vr_puddle_zps05d87dd1.png

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Might be a perfect replacement for my current LINZ6's!!

ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a255_xfirefighter484x_Trailblazer_P1000029.jpg

ai13.photobucket.com_albums_a255_xfirefighter484x_Trailblazer_P1000028.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
cse04 said:
This light does include a puddle light. The 2nd and 3rd picture posted (which are the same picture) show it on.

This just makes me wonder where you guys are getting your details from. Not doubting or arguing, but can you post a source? Are you 100% it is a puddle light and not just from a flash or refraction from the lens?

Thank you in advance for posting your sources for this information!!

cse04

May 25, 2010
Cincinnati, Oh
I found out by looking on Whelen's dealer website. On there dealers can find all the pictures used by Whelen for their catalogs. This might be where OTFD122 got the pictures that were posted above. Below is the url for the 2nd and 3rd pictures posted above.

Unfortunatly if you are not a whelen dealer the url won't show anything but the log-in page if you try to pull it up but you can see that in the url for the picture it says "puddle" and 'warning".

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii569/cse04/linz62vr-puddle_zps83135198.png[/URL]

https://www.*******.com/main/viewHiResImage.aspx?fn=\Automotive\Lightheads\LINZ6_V\linz62vr-puddle.jpg

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii569/cse04/linz62vr-warning_zpsc56f0d0c.png[/URL]

https://www.*******.com/main/viewHiResImage.aspx?fn=\Automotive\Lightheads\LINZ6_V\linz62vr-warning.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
cse04 said:
I found out by looking on Whelen's dealer website. On there dealers can find all the pictures used by Whelen for their catalogs. This might be where OTFD122 got the pictures that were posted above. Below is the url for the 2nd and 3rd pictures posted above.

Unfortunatly if you are not a whelen dealer the url won't show anything but the log-in page if you try to pull it up but you can see that in the url for the picture it says "puddle" and 'warning".

Thank you for clarifying!

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
Wow...this is gonna be a very expensive year for me. I keep replacing practically brand new light heads. I just purchased 4 ION-Vs to replace the std IONs in my cruisers Sidekicks and MirrorBeams. Now I'm going to have to purchase these to replace the LINZ6s mounted in my Setina Push-Bars. Not to mention the rumored WeCan control flasher and new XLP based Dominators.

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
This one is a no brainer. When the original V series light came out it looked like a LINZ6 optic bent in the middle. All they did was eliminate the M2 size of it and its back to a LINz6.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
TACKLEBERRY said:
Now I'm going to have to purchase these to replace the LINZ6s mounted in my Setina Push-Bars.

Aren't the LINZ6s in the Setina PBs flush mounted in the cross bar...? If so, replacing them with these won't gain you any off axis warning... I'm just spitballin' here, because I don't know for certain how the lights are mounted in the PB...

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
bigcat said:
This one is a no brainer. When the original V series light came out it looked like a LINZ6 optic bent in the middle. All they did was eliminate the M2 size of it and its back to a LINz6.

Thats exactly what I saw when I looked at these last night. The "ION" V didnt look very ION to me...

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Will these actually sit as flush as they seem to in the pictures? Will not need that gaudy big surface mount flange?

dawson75

May 20, 2010
OHIO
this is just me , but it doesn't seen too be enough light output to be worth it may as well slap a vertex where ever you are thinking about mounting this light. Just my opinion based on the pictures I see.

But with all that said ... Who doesn't love the V? :D

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I would be anxious to see these compared to a regular 500 series and a regular LINZ as far as the output in the warning mode. I would like to see the Ion be compared as well.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
SireLite said:
These would look good in a edge frame.

Except for the fact that they wouldn't fit.......

You could try it with a Dominator frame.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
bluestinger90 said:
12 leds in the center plus the 6 on the sides, plus whatever cannot be seen on the bottom.

Nope, just 12 total.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
emtanderson51 said:
The 500 series has 19LED's 6 on the LR11's 12 on the warning and 1 on the puddle light..
I don't know. The 500's look to have the V'ed LINZ6 in the middle. Pretty sure it's called that because it has 6 LED's.

I would say you are correct looking at the new 400's.

Having said that, I have not been able to find any literature confirming me or you right. I'll concede when I see something official.

Lastly, I am talking warning lights, not useless downward facing LED's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
TritonBoulder47 said:
I wonder the price on them...? lol That could be a viable replacement for my 500s in my MirrorBeams...

If the angle of the illumination lights were angled to, maybe an additional 45 degrees, I wonder if they might make for decent takedown and/or alley lights...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Doug said:
If the angle of the illumination lights were angled to, maybe an additional 45 degrees, I wonder if they might make for decent takedown and/or alley lights...

Even as is, they would make a great "flood" light addition to take downs... lol Not like I need anymore forward facing white light... lol

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
WS224 said:
I still say you're wrong. The 500's look to have the V'ed LINZ6 in the middle. Pretty sure it's called that because it has 6 LED's.

Having said that, I have not been able to find any literature confirming me or you right. I'll concede when I see something official.

:no:

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
WS224 said:
I don't know. The 500's look to have the V'ed LINZ6 in the middle. Pretty sure it's called that because it has 6 LED's.

I'm sure you have eyes...all you have to do is look at it to see that there is a double stack V segment in the center...the 400 has a triple stack. It's not rocket science.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
emtanderson51 said:
I'm sure you have eyes...all you have to do is look at it to see that there is a double stack V segment in the center...the 400 has a triple stack. It's not rocket science.

Honestly, I didn't zoom in that close and it appeared to me to be a single stack with the top and bottom being reflectors. Now I see what you mean and concur with your assessment.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.