Thinest, dual-mode LED?

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Long-time, no-post everyone.
I'm wondering if there is a dual-mode LED out there that is around 0.75" tall? I want to mount a set of lights in the trim strip recess on my Crown Vic. I'm not worried about depth because I will probably 3D print a mount so the lens will end up near flush with the bumper. I want dual mode so I can have warning and steady burn.
(below photo not my crown vic)
dscn5433.jpg

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I think you should not mess up the beautiful rear end of a crown Vic and instead look into the hella units that we have been talking about for a while on here and put them in your backup lights so you still have that clean look.

Reactions: firebuff17
May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I'm trying to stay away from HAWs actually. I think HAWs/LAWs are always going to be a compromise.
I have my reasons. Besides, if they can fit within the trim recess, and I tint them red, they won't look any goofier than an OEM reflector.
rear-reflectors.jpg

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
A Whelen TION is about 3/4”. It’s slightly bigger, but if you are 3-d printing the mount, instead of using the ones that they come with, I think they will work really well for what you are trying to do. Im sure Code 3 has a copycat light that is very similar for a lesser price, I just don’t know their product line.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Are either of those dual-mode?
And, I guess I don't need the entire thing to be less than 0.75", just the lens (since I'll be making a custom mount behind the bumper).

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Yes, you can get TIONs in duos.
This photo is a TION. They also make Mini Ts, they are the same height, just not as wide. The lens is separate from the black frame, so it may work perfect for what you want.

Attachments

• B949FCDF-594A-4981-8AA1-0A43E026527E.jpeg
    B949FCDF-594A-4981-8AA1-0A43E026527E.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 2
May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I just saw the thread about the HEROs. Those may be a more viable option than I thought.
Still, the HEROs may still not be able to accomplish what I need to accomplish. The rear bumper light is still on the table.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.