This is just cool.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
That is fricking cool.

5G25K35F53Gb3I13N3bcm6748058d6e5810a0.jpg

5G25K75Md3L93F33H8bcma0bd565e821e1aad.jpg

THIS IS AN IN-PLANT INDUSTRIAL FIRE ENGINE A 1952-1955 MODEL MADE BY THOMAS PUMP CO. #8-5982 R-65 PUMP MODEL 79717 (INSTALLATION HH35), DESIGNED TO FIT DOWN A 6' AISLE, IT WAS ONCE STATIONED AT THE SUNDSTRAND CO IN BELVIDERE, ILLINOIS BACK IN THE 1960'S BECAUSE THE FIRE DEPT WAS OVER 5 MILES FROM THE PLANT THE INSURANCE CO. REQUIRED IT, NEEDLESS TO SAY IT WAS NEVER USED MUCH. IT HAS A 6 CYLINDER CONTINENTAL GAS ENGINE WE THINK ABOUT 115 HP, 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION W/REVERSE. IT HAS A JOHN BEAM PUMP, IT HAS TWO 100 FOOT HIGH PRESSURE HOSES WITH NOZZLES. IT HAS 200 FEET OF 2" HOSE AND 200' 4" HOSE , IT HAS A 200-250 GALLON WATER TANK, FILL HOSE, FIRE AXE, LADDER, EXTRA FITTINGS, SIREN AND LIGHTS. IT HAS 12" TIRES WITH A SPARE. IT STARTS, IT RUNS, IT IS GOING TO NEED THE VALVES GROUND AT SOME POINT AS THEY STICK A LITTLE DUE TO IT BEING SELDOM USED BUT IT STARTS RIGHT UP. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN STORED INSIDE. IT INCLUDES A BASIC BROCHURE ON HOW TO RUN THE PUMP.

THE NEW IN PLANT FIRE TRUCKS THAT DO BASICALLY THE SAME THINGS THIS ONE DOES ARE $40,000 PLUS, THIS WOULD BE PERFECT FOR IN PLANT USE OR AS A PARADE VEHICLE, IT IS NOT "STREET LEGAL" AS IT DOES NOT HAVE SIGNAL LIGHTS/TAIL LIGHTS.

THE FIRE TRUCK IS JUST 50 INCHES WIDE- IT IS APROX 7 FEET TALL- APROX 15 FEET LONG- WE'RE GUESSING IT WEIGHS 5,000 POUNDS OR SO DRY- THE TRANSMISSION IS A 4 SPEED W/REVERSE- MULTI-LEAF SPRING SUSPENSION- IT WILL NEED A TUNEUP AT SOME POINT.

WE CHARGED THE BATTERY AND AS USUAL IT STARTED RIGHT UP, WE HAVE NOT DRIVEN IT OUT OF THE SHOP FOR A FEW YEARS BUT IT MOVES AROUND AS IT SHOULD. THE MECHANICAL FUEL PUMP WAS REPLACED WITH AN ELECTRIC SEVERAL YEARS AGO BECAUSE WE COULD NOT FIND A MECHANICAL LOCALLY.

IT WAS TRANSPORTED FROM ILLINOIS TO ARKANSAS ON A STANDARD 16 FOOT DUAL AXLE UTILITY TRAILER PULLED BY A HALF TON PICKUP.

WE CAN ASSIT WITH LOADING, IF YOU HAVE A TRAILER IT SHOULD DRIVE RIGHT ON USING YOUR RAMPS.

*(quoted info just in case it sells/ ad is removed)

5L85Ff5M53F43o03Hdbcm94978d41360113a2.jpg

5If5J45M43G83F63m8bcm69699d692c491bbb.jpg

Sarge619

Jul 19, 2011
Central Massachusetts
Ahhh, my ol' college stomping grounds (Richmond) and not too far from my birthplace (Charlottesville) and about an hour or so up the road where my dad's family all still live (and most of whom are either current or retired Fairfax County Fire and Rescue alumni).

I'm really diggn' this Maxim F-Model (my favorite cab-forward ) with it's extended-height BeaconRay (is it a 173 mounted on top of a CJL add-on speaker unit?? If so, that's the first good pic I've seen of a combo like that):

All sizes | Bon_Air_VFD_Parade_06 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Sarge619 said:
Ahhh, my ol' college stomping grounds (Richmond) and not too far from my birthplace (Charlottesville) and about an hour or so up the road where my dad's family all still live (and most of whom are either current or retired Fairfax County Fire and Rescue alumni).

I'm really diggn' this Maxim F-Model (my favorite cab-forward ) with it's extended-height BeaconRay (is it a 173 mounted on top of a CJL add-on speaker unit?? If so, that's the first good pic I've seen of a combo like that):

All sizes | Bon_Air_VFD_Parade_06 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I believe it is a 176 mounted on a CJ speaker base. I've not seen it in a while, but I think they set up the 176 with just one clear bulb and three red bulbs. Very effective if you ask me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.