TIR3 sync

zsiya

May 22, 2010
AL
I have 2 Whelen TIR3s on the hatch of my Expedition. Lately, 1 is flashing normal and the other just barely blinks. When I un-sync them, they both flash correctly. Hook them back and again, the 1 craps out. Any reason this would happen? And leaving them un-sync-ed is not my favorite option.

Let me first say that I am a big fan of Whelen products. My experiences with their tech support have been lack luster at best. I don't have proof, but am sure they have said there are no problems with certain products or features when they knew there was. I have no proof because I wouldn't want to get my insider in any trouble.

Well, I called emailed customer service (since no one answered the phone) and the guy said the sync wire couldn't make the light do what it is doing. Wierd since when I unhook the sync wire, it works fine. I have been losing faith in W but this has sealed their fate. When my warranties run out, my W days are done. Way too many other companies with better products and service.

I would keep calling or just return the tir3, they do have a great service dept.

I have sent stuff in and put put a note in with the box and they will take care of it

Jim Rogers

deputychief301

Yeah, I've returned lights before and got new ones no-questions-asked. Where these LEDs are makes it PITA to take off and then I have holes in the back for a week or 2-again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381