TK-940 Programming

RobK

May 23, 2010
Tolland County, CT
I've used the KPG25D software to program 840's before but the 940 is a whole other animal.

Anyone have any experience?

The radio does not take decimal frequencies. I thought it was Hex, then I thought it was the FCC 800 codes. If it is the latter, the codes only go down to the 861.xxx range. I want to program in iTac frequencies and those inputs are in the 821.xxx range.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

d119

May 26, 2010
CA - Land of Steady Red
Actually, the repeater inputs are in the 821MHz range, the outputs are in the 866MHz range. The only thing that is listening to those 821MHz frequencies is the repeater (infrastructure) equipment. No 800MHz mobile radio will receive down at 821MHz, thats just not the way it works. If you want to hear the traffic, listen to the 866MHz output of the repeater. Direct, radio-to-radio communications will also occur on the 866MHz channel (repeater output). These are considered "NPSPAC" frequencies and the TK-940 may not support them. This site, http://equipment.twrcommunications.com/pics/tk940specs.jpg shows the specs for the radio up to 870MHz...

With all the rebanding going on across the country, the channel numbers (which are the "codes" you refer to the radio wanting) in 800MHz will be changing. Since your radio does not support rebanding, you will want to use the following list, New FCC 800 MHz Channel Designations to determine what channel number corresponds to what frequency you want. Use the "FCC CH (OLD)" numbers, as your radio is *not* rebanding capable and when rebanding occurs in your area, you'll want to reprogram your radio with the "updated" OLD channel numbers.

By default, the radio will make the adjustment when it is put in transmit to adjust the transmitter down 45MHz to the 821MHz frequency. If you want talkaround (direct), enable the feature on a button and when pressed, you'll be on the 866MHz frequencies.

Hope this helps.

RobK

May 23, 2010
Tolland County, CT
Thanks for the reply. Someone on radioreference ended up explaining it to me as well. Radio is programmed and installed now. Just need to get around to drilling another hole for the antenna!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.