TLF On A 2000 Dodge Dakota!?

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
I found out that the HLF will only work if the headlights are off due to the fact that there is only one bulb for low beams and high beams. I pulled a Code 3 360HL HLF out of my dad's 1993 CVPI, and was wondering if I could install it in the taillights only (no reverse lights)? I already have LAW in the reverse lights, so no need for the TLF in the reverse lights. I´m not sure if the taillight wires are ground switched or positive switched, and don´t wanna mess anything up!

Also, has any one done this before?

Thanks guys!!

Caleb

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
cory y said:
I don't think anybody makes a hlf that's capable with ANY dodge of that year.

That's what I was thinking. A while back I tried to hook up a HLF, but it was a positive switched, and fried my computer. I did'nt know if it was because I hooked it up wrong or what, or if it was because it was the wrong HLF. Thanks Cory!

May 29, 2010
Luminary-Frostbite,TN
calebsheltonmed23 said:
I am wanting a HLF on my 2000 Dodge Dakota, and Sho-Me told me that it would mess up my computer. So, does any one know if I can use a HLF (03.W3031) on my Dakota without frying my computer?? FYI, it's a ground switched headlight system. Thanks people!!

If you have the fog lights for the dakota, why not put a flasher on them? I did that on my 98 Dakota. Worked like a charm!!!!

tcfd823

May 21, 2010
CENARK
I know a guy that hooked up a HLF to a 2000 R/T and it worked flawlessly. Didn't cause any damage, AND it was a Sho-me random HLF.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
tcfd823 said:
I know a guy that hooked up a HLF to a 2000 R/T and it worked flawlessly. Didn't cause any damage, AND it was a Sho-me random HLF.

Really!? I read on the Dakota/Durango forums that they installed a Galls HLF on a 2000 Dakota and it worked. And Galls website said on their random ground switched HLF, that not to put it on a 2001 or newer. I'll make some calls tommorow to see what's up.

cory y

May 21, 2010
you might wanna contact sound-off they are the leader in flashers.

Chevy and Ford both use sound off flashers from the factory

taddman

Jun 15, 2010
Stark County IL
I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota and I have a HLF installed. I got it from Galls but i can not find the paperwork to see who manufactured it. It is working like a charm and I have had no problems with it. It is a 3 pattern ground side flasher.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
taddman said:
I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota and I have a HLF installed. I got it from Galls but i can not find the paperwork to see who manufactured it. It is working like a charm and I have had no problems with it. It is a 3 pattern ground side flasher.

Sweet! Thanks for that!! So according to that, if a Galls HLF works, why would'nt a Sho-Me? :undecided: I like Sho-Me because I've installed them and they seem like quality units...and they're made in MO! :D Hmm, more phone calls I suppose! lol

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
taddman said:

Oh, nice truck! You don't by any chance know David Noe do ya? Pekin is a bigger city though! lol. Thanks for the help!

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
I found out that the HLF will only work if the headlights are off due to the fact that there is only one bulb for low beams and high beams. I pulled a Code 3 360HL HLF out of my dad's 1993 CVPI, and was wondering if I could install it in the taillights only (no reverse lights)? I already have LAW in the reverse lights, so no need for the TLF in the reverse lights. I´m not sure if the taillight wires are ground switched or positive switched, and don´t wanna mess anything up!

Also, has any one done this before?

Thanks guys!!

Caleb

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.