Today's haul

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
This morning I went to the Antique Fire Apparatus Association national show and swap meet in Pennsauken, NJ. In addition to seeing an amazing collection of beautiful old fire trucks, I came away with a 184 with a clear dome (which I've been wanting), a Dietz 7-11 with a clear dome, and a Unity RV-46 spitfire, all from the same vendor. He had a ton of other stuff that I wish I could have bought, including a real nice Propello-Ray.

I watched another guy buy a NOS pair of Mars can lights for $120. He and I got to this vendor at the same time, just as he was setting up. We asked the vendor what he had, based on what we could see. He said "you'll have to open the boxes to find out." We started opening boxes and pulling stuff out. He bought a lot more stuff than I did, but I think we both went away happy. don's pic.jpg

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Very nice! I didn't appreciate the Unity spitfires as much as I do now that MSP* has all but done away with them.

*Michigan State Police

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
I'd never seen one in person before. The PAR 46 bulbs look huge. The dome is kind of cloudy but I think it will polish out nicely.

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
Crownfire said:
I'd never seen one in person before. The PAR 46 bulbs look huge. The dome is kind of cloudy but I think it will polish out nicely.

I said the same thing when I got mine a few years ago. The bulbs are huge. Great addition to the collection.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Congrats on the find, very bice beacons! :thumbsup: The Mars lights that guy purchased were they double sided can lights?

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
The Dietz is obviously used, with some light scratches, but no weathering. It is very clean inside. My guess would be it came off a fire truck, garaged its whole life. It still has the protective paper in the bulb holders.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Very nice haul! Especially the Dietz and 184.

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
I'm actually most excited about the Spitfire, especially since it's an RV46, with four PAR 46 sealed beams. I think it's pretty rare, at least here on the west coast.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cawensel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.