Tomar NEOBE HAW... Worth Going Old School?

jcemt

Jun 16, 2010
Central California
Hello all,

Putting together a build spec and was really tempted to go old school and put a 65 watt Tomar NEOBE strobe power supply on 4 HAW tubes for all four corners.

Whats your opinions? Old School or just run LED HAW?

Thanks !

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
A lot depends on the light housing. My 07 Silverado had strobe front (90w whelen), led rear haws. Rears were also backup light replacements. Nice big relfector housings to work with, but you cant beat strobe for the intersection, especially at night.

What are they going in?

Reactions: 10-75_Da_Box

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
If you can shoehorn them in the highbeam housing I would (unless you have a HLF). That way when the regular HL bulb is on it wont drown out the strobe tube. Rears should be fine.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
If you can shoehorn them in the highbeam housing I would (unless you have a HLF). That way when the regular HL bulb is on it wont drown out the strobe tube. Rears should be fine.
Just be careful not to put it in the reflective surface for the highbeams. Otherwise you will screw with/kill the beam from the headlight.

safetyco1

Feb 19, 2011
Florida
IMHO check the replacement cost of the headlight assembly first. Some of the newer ones can be a bit pricey if the heat from the strobes cause any damage. I just replaced a housing for a customer 600 big ones for headlight assembly Ford 150.

the thickness of the housing is not what it used to be.... worth checking!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.