Toolbox lights

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
I just added a toolbox to the back of my pickup and, being a member of this forum, of course got to thinking what kind of lights I should add to it.

The truck currently has a Whelen Liberty with Vertex hideaways front and rear. Most of the time it is used for road closures in conjunction with traffic control equipment (signs, cones, barricades) so the forward and rear lighting should be more than adequate. I'd like to add something to the sides of the toolbox to supplement the bar because that's where the coverage is the weakest.

Everything on the truck is Whelen and I'd prefer to keep it that way if possible. I was thinking of either LINZ6 or Ion wide angle. If there's room to add a flush mount illumination product as well that's a bonus, maybe like a SoundOff Mighty Nite Lite to supplement the alleys on the bar. I'd love to have a pair of LINZ6 or Ions side by side, one for warning and one for illumination, but neither is designed for long periods of steady burn and both dim to 80% in that mode to prevent burnout I believe.

Any opinions or suggestions are appreciated.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i have LINZ6s mounted to the rear of my tool box, and they work perfectly!!! i highly recommend them. As for the Mighty Nights, that is something that i would like to do also. They are intended to 'throw light' as an ally light, the LINZ6 is not. So, MightyNight for scene lighting, and LINZ6 for warning .

the LINZ6 really have a MUCH better off axis warning signal then the TIR3s do (i have them mounted on a LP) bracket.

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
I came across this new product from Rigid that will be available in a flush mount that should fit the side of the toolbox:

https://www.rigidindustries.com/SRM-s/190.htm

No specs listed for light output but the latest products from Rigid are pretty impressive. A local truck accessory store has a few on display and I wasn't really impressed by the SR series or the Dually, but the Dually D2 uses a completely different LED and blew everything else away.

Provided the same element is used in these new SR Minis I think a flush mount with a diffusion lens would make a good toolbox floodlight.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i have the Rigid Industries Duallys on my push bar. GREAT LIGHTS!! highly recommenced ANY Rigid Ind. product

561194_402740213084477_100000455066466_1453361_313209960_n.jpg

If you can wait I hear Sound Off is going to be releasing new products soon. One of those will be a surface mount Intersector that would look great on the side of the box.

If you want to keep everything looking the same, you could go with a Ghost flasher and a Ghost Rock Light.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.