Tredyffrin Twp Police Department

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
Trediffryn Twp, Chester County, Pa just received a 2011 Charger. They have 6 more vehicles on the way. It is unknown how many are suv's. These are the first new car's since 2009 when they purchased there last chargers. I have added a picture of one of the department's first chargers. This is in the town I work in, which is about 30mins from Philadelphia, Pa. Once one of the guys brings a vehicle by when I have my camera not my cell, I will take more detailed pictures.

011-1.jpg

IMAG0136-1.jpg

IMAG0137-1.jpg

IMAG0138-1.jpg

IMAG0139-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
Yes I must say, Trediffryn does stay consistant with there vehicle and lighting. Each car gets a push bar(except undercover), side and front mounted lights on the push bar, rear deck lighting, rear license plates lighting, and flashing headlights. All older vehicles were equiped with haws in the headlighs and taillights. I am unsure if the new car(2011) have haws in the rear. All older chargers also received PAR36's, and mirror beams also. They also do reuse all equipment from previous vehicles.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Reusing serviceable equipment is smart, especially when money is tight.

VFVFCo.68

Jun 15, 2010
Valley Forge, PA
When my Fire Co. went to the Berwyn Fire Company's fire prevention last year, Tredyffrin PD had one of their chargers there,they'e nice, and they have nice light setups. Tredyffrin PD is also a pretty busy company, if not the busiest township PD in the county.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Nice setup, but I'm disappointed they didn't go with bigger lights facing forward on the PB!

:undecided:

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
looks good,i get to pass through the twp daily on my way to and from work along rt 202,i have seent the new car as well as the unmarked black charger(think it was black) they have been running on rt 202,you cannot see any of the blinkies until they are on,i have seen them stop a few cars during the am

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Colored domes! swooon! That is HAWT!

cory y

May 21, 2010
i would hate to be a new officer on a traffic stop trying to pronounce the twp name

"hi im officer smith with Trediffernt shit... Tre Differeeern crap thats not it... umm yea im a cop with this city your in"

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Grew up next to Trediffryn - they always had a reputation as being a tough department (we always drove really carefully and really slowly through there). You are correct about consistency in their vehicles and lighting. They always had a few tough to spot slicktops and undercover units too. I recall a gold Dodge Intrepid that had some early 911ep products in it that would stay busy catching speeders. Anyway, good looking new vehicle. Love the Legend, what a great bar.

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Nice, around here R/B MX7000s are atop 2010 chargers (though it does look nice)

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
Ok, so I finally caught up with one of the new car's and with my good camera. This is car 23. They used a 2100 bar from an old car, and added new code 3-6 head leds to the push bar(front and sides.) They also added what looks to be a sos ultra light in the rear deck. They have placed 3 marked 2011 Chargers in service. Car 12 has a Legend bar, Car 20 has a Liberty and 23 has the 2100. They have received a 2011 Tahoe for the shift supervisor, and they have 2011 charger(still being upfitted) undercover charger for street patrol.

Here is car 23. As soon as the guys bring the car by the station, I will get interior pics for everyone.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
Trediffryn placed a few vehicles in service over the last few months. They placed 2 marked new chargers inservice, and 2 new Tahoes. 1 Tahoe is assigned to the traffic division with is a Champain color. A marked Tahoe is assigned to the daily fleet. They also placed an un marked charger inservice, which is believe to be a dark gray color.

However over the weekend this happened: The county fire marshal is investigating as they have experienced numerous issues with E.F. Johnson radio's heating up and causing fires. There was a department in Chester County that experienced a fire in there building caused by E.F. Johnson radio equipment.

Trediffryn  Twp car.jpg

Fire Expo 2012 131-1.jpg

Fire Expo 2012 134-1.jpg

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I guess the problem is not fixed and they do still catch on fire.

Trediffryn charger fire.jpg

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I would like to know if dodge still has a problem with the wiring that causes the fire we see here. I have two new ones and I hope the is not something I see in my future.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
ff168577 said:
Have they had an issue in the past?

YES! The ones I have seen in our area have been the facrtory wiring harness under the hood.

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
fleetcomm said:
YES! The ones I have seen in our area have been the facrtory wiring harness under the hood.

Gotcha. Obviously a bulk of the fire is in the passener compartment and not the engine compartment in this one, but you never know.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Opps is right! Glad to hear no one got hurt, also quick thinking on the officers part to remove firearms and ammo from the car. Guess he foregot the O2 tank in the trunk, to bad that cars trunk area and metal could've been massaged and paint buffed out. Not now though, lol. Seriously though glad no one again didn't get hurt, it could've ended alot worse. As for the upfitter hope he has insurance to back his work.

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
A few updates for this department.

They have received and placed 2- Ford Interceptor Utilities in service. Both are AWD editions. They have also had a Chevy Tahoe unmarked for traffic enforcement, and a 2012 Ford F-150 pick-up for traffic enforcement. The 2011 Ford F-350 is for Special Operations(bad weather, swat, and anything else that comes up). They have also replaced the burned up Charger above with a new 2012 Dodge Charger that took almost a year to get, since the insurance company was dragging there feet.

037-1 (800x533).jpg

041-1 (800x533).jpg

052-1 (800x533).jpg

057-1 (800x533).jpg

064-1 (800x533).jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.