Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Last edited by a moderator:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Wow that's really cool! Reminds me of a 1940s robot eye or something of the like from Orson Wells' mind! Very unique!
It is really cool! When I bought it, I was expecting it to be the more frequently seen rotator style. My jaw dropped when I figured out that it was the spotlight type. This is the first I have seen.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
There was a warning version that rotated, and the spotlight version.  The rotating ones had a flexshaft drive and had either a colored or a metal top.  I can't find my info on the spotlight one, but here's what I have on the warning one.

tricat1.jpg

imgp4993.jpg

imgp4994.jpg

8491_3.jpg

tripp.jpg

Reactions: Maxim2Eng

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
After reading the Hemmings article, I wonder if this was maybe specially made for Diamond-T or if they just chose to use it on their designs.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
After reading the Hemmings article, I wonder if this was maybe specially made for Diamond-T or if they just chose to use it on their designs.
I have some info on the spot version somewhere... still digging.

Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.