Troy Police - 70s & 80s Signal-Stat Dual-Comms

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Interesting set up, you're going to have to post a video of them in action.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
... both have alternating flashers for the inboard sealed-beams. But for some reason one of those bars would not alternate. It would only flash all four stationary beams simultaneously. Something in the wiring was askew. Either way, my whole collection is in a mini-storage in Memphis. I am in a small apartment 1000 miles away in Denver. 

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Those are set up really nice. Looks like the top bar's blue side rotator needs a little tune-up to rotate as fast as the opposite side. Other than that, they look good!

Reactions: LRGJr72

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
I've been tempted to sell the clear domes since there's so much demand for them to complete NYPD projects. Just can't do it. Hell, I'd GIVE at least one of these bars to the Troy Police if someone there would commit to doing a restore/replica car from this era. 

Reactions: jph2

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Nicely done on the lights! And thanks for the video. I've never been fond of blue on the driver side, but Troy had a good setup with these bars, imho. 

I've been tempted to sell the clear domes since there's so much demand for them to complete NYPD projects. Just can't do it. Hell, I'd GIVE at least one of these bars to the Troy Police if someone there would commit to doing a restore/replica car from this era. 

I was gonna ask you if you were planning a restore. Modern graphics aside, I always liked the Troy PD cars, ever since I had that AMT model as a kid. Too bad the model didn't have the Dual-Comms.

:2thumbs:   :2thumbs:

Excellent bars and they look to be in really good condition! Keep em just like they are! When my brother was chief of a small PD in suburban Louisville, he went to red/blue on his cars with blue on the drivers side--a check in the mirror showed blue so no question of police or ems/fire. BTW, I noticed the lower bar-clear dome has a Dietz rotator instead of a gen3 SigStat rotator (they allowed for counter rotation from the other side). A typical repair for these bars. Do you still have the mounting feet?

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Excellent bars and they look to be in really good condition! Keep em just like they are! When my brother was chief of a small PD in suburban Louisville, he went to red/blue on his cars with blue on the drivers side--a check in the mirror showed blue so no question of police or ems/fire. BTW, I noticed the lower bar-clear dome has a Dietz rotator instead of a gen3 SigStat rotator (they allowed for counter rotation from the other side). A typical repair for these bars. Do you still have the mounting feet?

No.. I don't have the mounting feet. Wish I did, though!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.