Make an offer or trade me something.

The following patches have been SOLD: Federal government, Texas Rangers, FDNY 

pat.jpg

pat1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
That Texas Ranger patch is RARE unless it's a novelty. They have never been a uniformed agency other than tactical operations (to my knowledge). Wish I would have known about it. Congrats to whoever got it.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
That Texas Ranger patch is RARE unless it's a novelty. They have never been a uniformed agency other than tactical operations (to my knowledge). Wish I would have known about it. Congrats to whoever got it.
Do you mean this patch? Any way to know if it's legit or novelty?

20150415_162133.jpg

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Wow!! That must be a dress patch from a very short era. A good friend and protege of mine is now a Trooper. I've contacted him and asked him to check into it. Hopefully I'll have you a little info soon.

I do know that the long standing motto of the Texas DPS is "Courtesy, Service, Protection" and I don't see that on the patch. Hopefully my buddy can give me a little more info on it.

Just texted a pic of it to my bro who has been a Trooper for almost 10 years and is friends with several Rangers. It was never an issued item. The Rangers have never had a uniform, and any patches that would have ever been official would have had green leaves on either side, as that is the way it has been throughout the history of the Texas DPS. Sorry for the bad news, but is is very cool. Please don't take what I say as gospel, but I'm almost certain it is. I'd do a little more digging if I were you.... you may uncover some cool bits of info.

AJ

Reactions: unlisted

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I'm pretty far from Texas. .. I'm in Canada. No contacts that far south save for random people on here.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
One thing you may do is contact the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco, Texas via email including a picture of the patch. I'm sure you'd be able to find out quite a bit from them in very short order.

http://www.texasranger.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.