Twinsonic CTS worth- Pics!

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I have a Twinsonic CTS in Red/Red with the rear amber cutout. I haven't cleaned it up yet but it is in very good condition. The domes need polishing but otherwise look great. Unfortunately it looks like the driver side dome got some heat damage from the rotator- I'm assuming it stopped spinning and got hot. It has a Federal TS-100 speaker behind the grille. There is a lot of dust and dirt that I will clean off but you get the general idea. Does anyone have a general idea of what it's worth? 

IMAG0954.jpg

IMAG0955.jpg

IMAG0959.jpg

IMAG0958.jpg

IMAG0956.jpg

IMAG0957.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Pictures would help, but from what I've seen, $150 (perhaps less) from sellers who don't know what they have to well over $300 when they do know what a CTS means to a collector.

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
I have seen them go as much as $800. In good condition to the right collector or vintage emergency vehicle restorer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I 2nd what Jenny said.. if the light is in good condition.

However most lights I run across are not in good condition and need refurbishment.. so Stands price of $300 or less comes into play.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Haha well I know it's worth more than $300! I know it's impossible to value without pics. I'm going to clean it up this weekend and post some when that's done. It came off of a Crown mini-pumper BTW. The guy still has fire body but I think he used the chassis for something else. 

Reactions: Crownfire

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I hooked it up and the bar runs great except that one rotator bulb is out. Also, the rear flash just does steady burn. Does that mean the flasher is bad? Or maybe it's hooked up incorrectly? I have the bar torn down for cleaning so I can't trouble shoot it just yet.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I hooked it up and the bar runs great except that one rotator bulb is out. Also, the rear flash just does steady burn. Does that mean the flasher is bad? Or maybe it's hooked up incorrectly? I have the bar torn down for cleaning so I can't trouble shoot it just yet.

Make sure the flasher is connected to the bulb and if it is and it does not flash, then I'd say the flasher has died.

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Flashers however are not hard to find..

I was able to locate 1 for mine pretty easily.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
This was the first Twin I've even owned or worked on and I must say it was a lot of fun! These bars are built like tanks, I still can't believe they were mounted on the roofs of cars. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.