Twinsonic Mounted on newer FF POV

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
I found this video on youtube, it shows how effective Old Skool STILL is. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Im thinking the 12x would put out more light if had the X cascades. IMHO.. But not my rig soo enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
That is beautiful. More punch than a carnival ride's worth of LED lights. :hail:

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
mm2k5 said:
Is a 20 y/o truck still considered newer?

* Yes the truck is a 90's model F250 I believe, looking at the parking lights. The truck is much newer than the light bar,

* The twinsonic appears to have clear domes.

* I like the fact he waked away from the front & rear, showing the sweep effect from a distance.

* The sealed beam punch is great, and even at a distance you can see the distinct flow of each flash punch and its not a pulsating blob.

* As for who the owner is? I have no clue, and could careless "It's a Twinsonic"!

It's a TWINSONIC on a newer vehicle and while not on a shelf we get the effect, and looks great ! :thumbsup:

Hail Old Skool.. :) :hail: :hail: :hail: :)

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida

Here are three more mounted on modern vehicles. No clear lenses :)

And Thank you Zapp, I too see its the same truck. ;)

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
I love how he lights up the TS when he backs into his mommy's driveway. I'd bet $ that he has a CB radio in the truck, and he calls her on it and says that he's back in quarters.

hoj1192

Nov 8, 2011
NYC,NY
Ive seen this guy a few times actually responding to fires or MVAs in that piece of crap truck, all the ems and fire guys here are well aware hes a sick buff, im just surprised he never gets pulled over

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
hoj1192 said:
Ive seen this guy a few times actually responding to fires or MVAs in that piece of crap truck, all the ems and fire guys here are well aware hes a sick buff, im just surprised he never gets pulled over

What does he do when he arrives on a scene? Does he impersonate FD? Doesn't anyone (FD) complain to LE about him?

hoj1192

Nov 8, 2011
NYC,NY
I only saw it once where he was actually out on scene and he was just standing around outside his crap box truck with his radio strap on, i dont know if thats considered impersonation or not

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
hoj1192 said:

I think its honestly scary how you use the word "responding" to describe his action.

Not that YOU used the word(s), but the fact, that those are the ones most accurately used (in your opinion). Really scares me to hear/see people like that doing things as such. Lets not be mistaken, I have buffed many a job in my time, and have worn FD apparel, but I never misrepresent myself, who I am, or what agency I am with. With the notoriety he has being known to responders, I am VERY surprised he has not been ticketed/arrested/removed from scenes before.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Zapp Brannigan said:
I have buffed many a job in my time, and have worn FD apparel, but I never misrepresent myself, who I am, or what agency I am with. With the notoriety he has being known to responders, I am VERY surprised he has not been ticketed/arrested/removed from scenes before.

Zapp - you may have buffed fires, but I doubt (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you have "FDNY" on the front of your red truck, and "FIRE" plastered across the side of it, with a logo that's similar to that of FDNY.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Tristar said:
Zapp - you may have buffed fires, but I doubt (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you have "FDNY" on the front of your red truck, and "FIRE" plastered across the side of it, with a logo that's similar to that of FDNY.

Exactly my point!!

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Well I sit here reading the comentary of the wannabe, and shake my head in disbelief that nothing has been done to him in the legal sence. He sounds sick, meaning a mental sickness that will eventually possibly get himself or others seriously hurt or killed. That is something that NEEDs to be addressed. But overlooking the fact he is a NUT, the video shows a TWINSONIC being used on a Modern Newer Vehicle. And is/was the reason for the post, showing the old lights are still just as effective today as when they were new. And the fact some stll use them..

My avatar is supposed to be a 1965 Supeiror Royale Combination :)

Since I dont have any pics of my beloved old ride from the past..

I used one fron the net, will have to add another.. :)

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
While I do LOVE the set up, I can't support this colossal douche and his impersonating ways. Like Zapp, I've been known to wear Fire Dept. t-shirts or what have you, but I don't go 'responding to fires' or wear a damn radio while 'on scene.' This is one of those deals where one day, this kid is gonna set a building on fire so he can pretend to be a hero and he's going to get somebody killed.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
CodeMan said:
I found this video on youtube, it shows how effective Old Skool STILL is. :thumbsup:

Im thinking the 12x would put out more light if had the X cascades. IMHO.. But not my rig soo enjoy!

It appeared to me maybe the X mirrors were to the rear. Maybe he "responds" in reverse to throw off unwanted attention, keep em guessing as to which way he's going. Perhaps a lettered AMBIVALENCE across his hood would be in order? Might compliment his mail box stickers and sense of direction.

:hahano:

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Alas I approve of this thread 18,000% when the truck sits in a parking lot by itself at night but not in the fashion this guy is using it.

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
RyanZ71 said:
Seems like the Twinsonic has a worn out motor on it, the rotation is a bit on the slow side.

The rotation isn't the only thing that's slow in / on that truck!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.