Twinsonic short documentary

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
It's funny to think that with those bars being the on the lion's share of vehicles back in the 70's and 80's... they would be almost completely useless on the road today. Almost as much as those Whelen/SoundOff beacons MSP insists on using.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
It's funny to think that with those bars being the on the lion's share of vehicles back in the 70's and 80's... they would be almost completely useless on the road today. Almost as much as those Whelen/SoundOff beacons MSP insists on using.
I don't know about them being useless today, but they did have the aerodynamic properties of a brick. Not an issue when mounted on a tow truck or fire apparatus, but could be an issue on a patrol car. The AeroTwinsonic was a better design, combining the lighting arrangement of the Twinsonic into a far more aerodynamic design.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The very first TwinSonic I remember seeing was an all red one on an ambulance. The ambo was a 1968 Superior / Cadillac combination coach that was originally equipped with red 17 series Beacon Ray in 1971, and the beacon was replaced with the TwinSonic in 1972.

Most of the TwinSonics I saw were on ambos or tow trucks.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice Video, straight forward without going to far off into the weeds. Which is something I am always fighting with when I make my videos.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.