Two questions...

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
1. Is there any mount made for a dual avenger that works like the rear view mount made for the phantom? I'm using it in my commuter car, a 2002 saturn sl. Right now I just have the normal suction cup mount in the center of the windshield, and I'm finding it blocks my vision too much for my liking, and it looks like it would tuck up there nicely. Any ideas? I though of just rednecking it up there with some light gauge steel wire and epoxy.

2. Has anyone ever installed LAWs in a vehicle with HID headlights? If so, how well did they show up when the headlights were on? My truck, an 09 dodge ram has the headlights and turn signals all in one housing, and the turn signal part doesn't look big enough for a LAW. By the way, the aftermarket HID kit I put in is one of THE most worthwhile mod I've ever done.

emt322636 said:
2. Has anyone ever installed LAWs in a vehicle with HID headlights? If so, how well did they show up when the headlights were on? My truck, an 09 dodge ram has the headlights and turn signals all in one housing, and the turn signal part doesn't look big enough for a LAW. By the way, the aftermarket HID kit I put in is one of THE most worthwhile mod I've ever done.

I guarantee that a Whelen Vertex would fit in it. If one can fit in my wicked small housings, they should suit a Dodge Ram no problem. I put them in my front turn signals of my 2009 Chevrolet Malibu which were extremely tight.

emt322636 said:
Ok, thanks for the input. Id still like to hear about anyones results with LAWs and HIDs though.

I have HIDs in my low beams. I have 5000k and you can definitely still see the strobes when they are on, but mine are also in an isolated section.

I would think since HIDs are so bight, the strobes would be washed out. They get washed out easily with regular stock bulbs.

After personally seeing the HID lights in your truck I think that the HID would wash them out completely. They would fit in the turn signal but again would not be noticable at night. If adding more I would do a decent size grill light like a M7 in a clear lens behind the grill with the hight of the truck it would be right at rear window level of most cars that the bar is to high to notice and the M7 would have great output.

Also I am not aware of the rearview mirror type mout thats on the phantom for the avenger. Have you seen the visor mount http://www.swps.com/whelen-avnbkt3.html?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_content=whelen-avnbkt3&utm_campaign=froogle Might be something to consider or just fab one using a hose clamp type set up if you really want the mini phantom style.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381