Two Tone Sirens and a lower deeper tone

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Can anyone recommend an electronic two tone siren that more resembles the deeper tone / air compressor sounds. The high pitch/ "European hi low" appears to be the standard hi low tone in the major manufacturers. I dont want us to sound like an ice cream truck.

I know I can still buy the true air compressor hi low but hoped someone here has a suggestion

Many thanks

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Thanks for this suggestion. I will google and youtube that model range.

Anyone from the UK comment on what the Premier Hazard range are like at the moment?

Abacus said:

Anyone from the UK comment on what the Premier Hazard range are like at the moment?

Personally, I'd go with a Federal Signal Vama AS-380. It may not be as low as the whelen bullhorn two tone, but it packs a punch.

I'm not even sure the Premier Hazard stuff comes with two tones anymore, all I heard was Wail/Yelp/Hyperyelp.

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
Abacus said:

I was told by an engineer who worked for them that they could program the sirens to make what ever tone you wanted at what ever pitch.

But i bet they are pretty expensive.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
SireLite said:
I was told by an engineer who worked for them that they could program the sirens to make what ever tone you wanted at what ever pitch.

But i bet they are pretty expensive.

I will drop Howard a note although old fashioned air compressors are going to be a solution after all.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
If you could find one of either, two older electronic sirens, long since discontinued, had a very deep-pitched sound in their hi-lo. One is the Sonic Siren manufactured by Sonic Signals in NJ. They were a division of Smith and Wesson. I actually found one through this board and it's a keeper! The other is a Vista Siren, manufactured by Vista Corp. in Kansas City, MO. Vista is still is business, but they discontinued their sirens many years ago. I spoke to the daughter of the owner about a year ago, and they've got enough parts and chassis that you could build one yourself, if you're that ambitious.

Both the Sonic and Vista had slow, deep-pitched wails, and their hi-los would rattle your brain on the lo side of the cycle. I made the mistake of loaning one of each to a couple of my volunteers when I was president of a small VFD in Lubbock many years. Haven't seen either of them since. As I said, I was lucky to find a Sonic via this board. There may be more out there.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
markko said:
Nothing beat the old Southern VP SA300 for low pitches. It used to run something like a 312 hz/430 hz hi-lo tone.

Those were the best. The air horn was the high and low together. Wish I had mine back.

signed

King audible overkill, vintage division.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Torpedo said:
Those were the best. The air horn was the high and low together. Wish I had mine back.
signed

King audible overkill, vintage division.

I agree. Those were built for SVP by Carson. Another good deep-throated brain-rattling siren was the original Sireno Projector-series siren. I have one...and it still works and will still rattle your brain.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.