Under tailgate warning light strip

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I can't imagine any decent warning in that type of light, but plenty of people have put thin surface mount heads between the bumper and tailgate with great success. I know on my truck (In my signature) a Feniex T6 will fit and still allow plenty of room for tailgate swing, but I didn't feel that it would be a useful place for them.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Strip lighting for warning = fail

I havn't found one truck that I couldn't put T3's under the tail gate. I gaurantee you wont get a strip light nearly as effect for warning as a few t3.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
We can get strips similar to the HG2 line that are made for under the tailgate. Our manufacturer released them not too long ago, but I never ended up stocking them. The LEDs are different from those in regular warning lights since the strips are so thin. That being said, this explains the difference in brightness. This was the runner system sample I got:

If you are interested let me know and I can include them in my next order. Cost should be minimal, maybe around $100.

Just throwing out another option for you!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.