Undercover Light Bracket

May 28, 2010
Loveland, Ohio
Very cool! Federal also made one for the car seat-it sat between the front and back seat-on the back of the front seat. They used to advertise it with a Model 14 on it....! During the "Gosswieller" days there were numerous creative ideas!

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I have 2 of these brackets, both in NOS condition. One tagged by ELB, the original manufacturer, and the other tagged by Dietz. Dietz may have bought out ELB. These were marketed as "Undercover Light Bracket" in the 60s and 70s in catalogs by Darley, and Sargent-Sowell. Good option for the lights with weaker magnets, common vinyl roof coverings, and soft top vehicles. The lights were to be permanently mounted to the bracket, hooked over the window, and the window rolled up. There were a good number of height adjustments.

I had a friend who used one of those with a Unity RV-15 on three different vehicles for several years...never had a problem. I wouldn't want to use anything larger, though. As for the FedSig bracket, my brother tried it with his 14 ONCE...a nighttime run that nearly left him blinded!!! I believe the literature recommended for "on-scene" use only. o_O

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jriccio@necommunications.

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.