Unity Beacons

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
End of an era, Unity is/has dropped all it beacons due to lack of sales and interests. I know its hard to keep producing items that don't sell but come on I love the rotating beacons. I'm so sad, I'm tired of loosing such great products, like the model 14 from Federal and Unity's beacons.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
So what's MSP going to do? They could have had the Model 14 as a fallback, but... :ugh:

jradue

Mar 6, 2013
Lone Rock, WI
I contacted Unity a month or so ago to inquire if the RV-25 was available? They told me the RV series has been discontinued. Not a surprise because it is not listed on their website, only parts.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
True, no longer being made. Email sent to me today says Michigan State Police are now purchasing their LED beacons from Mid American AEL. They use some of the parts we can still make to create a beacon of similar appearance. Oh well, I still wish that quality beacons were being produced yet.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
The world will not be the same after this. Glad I have my NOS RV-26 with red spitfire dome in the collection!!

Chris

CrownVic97 said:

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
The beacon page at Unity USA is in fact empty. However, there are still loads of parts available (domes, rings, bases, lamp assemblies, etc). But who really knows how much inventory they have of any of that stuff. As far as the Michigan State Police is concerned they only need 1) the RV26 red domes 2) RV26 ring/dome-holders and 3) RV26 bases. The guts are all Whelen LED hardware now.

Beacon Parts

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW

bamh5

Aug 3, 2013
Michigan
I bought a base and ring for rv-26 recently, and its taking awhile because the parts had to be made. I also contacted unity about the bulb holders for the 26, and they listed the (8) remaining ones they could find for $88 a piece. :eek:

Car54 was correct above, unity stated that Mid American AEL will soon be producing bases and rings that are simular to the 26 beacons for MSP

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.