Unmarked NYPD SUV Lots of lights

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
its a city vehicle, either mayors or police commish office, they have a few suburbans with a very similar set up as well, esp the gen 1 leds over the wheel wells, the D4's in the back lower bumper and dominators in the grille, etc

gabrod

Dec 3, 2012
NY
Although Kelly's looks similar it is not, could be anything, this type of SUV is widely used for parades and details so.. is kinda hard to address that and although could be what 911EL said :thumbsup: , I don't think Chief Esposito has free time to drive around unless there is a big detail going on. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
CPDG23 said:
Judging by the regular NYS plates...

Hatzolah

Virtually every Hatzolah vehicle that I've seen in NYC has VAS plates. The setup and the slow cruising through the park makes me think that this is LEO.

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
gabrod said:
Although Kelly's looks similar it is not, could be anything, this type of SUV is widely used for parades and details so.. is kinds hard to address that and although could be what 911EL said :thumbsup: , I don't think Chief Esposito has free time to drive around unless there is a big detail going on. :)

I beg to differ. Chief espo is a cops cop. He's always driving around with his portable on all the time. He backed me up and other cops a few times on foot pursuits and other 85's while in the 0. A good man and gentleman.

May 22, 2010
New York City
iceman4122 said:
I beg to differ. Chief espo is a cops cop. He's always driving around with his portable on all the time. He backed me up and other cops a few times on foot pursuits and other 85's while in the 0. A good man and gentleman.

thats b/c he lives in the confines of the "O" !

gabrod

Dec 3, 2012
NY
iceman4122 said:

Totally agree. By saying he didn't have time I didn't mean he does not back people up or he's not a gentleman, I just said it in that way since he is #2. I did personally met him and he is truly a cops cop. 911EL thx for clarifying :)

gabrod

Dec 3, 2012
NY
iceman4122 said:

Totally agree. By saying he didn't have time I didn't mean he does not back people up or he's not a gentleman, I just said it in that way since he is #2. I did personally met him and he is truly a cops cop. 911EL thx for clarifying :)

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
Harbor Patrol said:
on the back corner of the suburban, and its a pretty large flag decal too
They both have a very similar set up.

Here is a video of Kelly's vehicle.

skip towards 2:31 and you will see his car drive by.

911EL

Jun 10, 2012
NY
gabrod said:

Thanks, My info is based on me actually seeing him in my area. If its anyone else other than Mr. Cop Cop then I apologize for mis-clarifying correct.

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
I would say it is one of the Chief's or Deputy Commisioners. I used to see them all the time at John Jay College of Criminal Justice during their special events

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Why are people still trying to figure out who's it is when it has already been said.....

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I'll settle this once and for all, it's obviously NYPDNSACIASWATFBIDHSFDNY and Parking Enforcement all rolled into one.

one11sgt

Nov 27, 2010
USA NY
It is absolutely Car 1. The Police Commissioner's Vehicle. His vehicle is the only EXPEDITION in the fleet with that large a light package and a Satellite receiver on the roof.

Last edited by a moderator:

one11sgt

Nov 27, 2010
USA NY
911EL said:
They both have a very similar set up.
Here is a video of Kelly's vehicle.

skip towards 2:31 and you will see his car drive by.

This is NOT the PC's vehicle that is the COD's vehicle. Not Kelly's, Esposito's

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.