Unmarked Security CVPI

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
They look red to me.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was North Pole PD. :rolleyes:

Edit: Then again, if I take my glasses off, they look more amber.

May 27, 2010
Lebanon PA
They show up amber on my puter. I never liked the CV or any other sedan for security work. Every once in a while you find a security outfit that really should look like a EV. I hope this is one of them or they're going to get alot of flack.

mjmath

Oct 30, 2010
Michigan
I fail to see the point of an un-marked security vehicle...most companies hire security for visibility. Second to that is the un-marked looks like a cop car anyways, thus it might as well be marked. Our agency just arrested a whacker who had a police uniform and was in his security car. Pathetic.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Worst yet, they are just using a bunch of those cheap $15 china LED lights off of eBay. At least the lights are green and amber rather than blue and amber I guess.. :hopeless:

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
I've been a security guard, police officer, and retired as a state trooper. So I'm not just some cop that looks down on security guards. When I was a guard I patrolled some government subsidized apartment complexes, car dealerships, and some businesses in the middle of the night making my security checks.

The only thing I needed a lightbar for at night was the alley lights. It's other benefit is it quickly stands out to make the car more visible as a security vehicle, but you don't need to turn it on. I think I used it once stopped at a crash in the middle of the highway in the middle of the night making sure nobody else hit the car until the sheriff or highway patrol could show up, and then I think I just had the rear flashers on. The only other good use for the lightbar is to let the police find you quicker when you need them. Our cars said security and had an amber lightbar. They didn't look like they were trying to pass as anything else.

I don't know why anyone would need so many lights on a security vehicle. Especially all the lights they have to the front. And the unmarked status is just going to put you under the microscope of the local authorities.

Last edited by a moderator:

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
mjmath said:
I fail to see the point of an un-marked security vehicle...most companies hire security for visibility. Second to that is the un-marked looks like a cop car anyways, thus it might as well be marked. Our agency just arrested a whacker who had a police uniform and was in his security car. Pathetic.

Why? Did his uniform say "police"?

mjmath

Oct 30, 2010
Michigan
badge22 said:
Why? Did his uniform say "police"?

I believe the patches read District Court Officer along with Sgt. stripes and a full duty belt. No CPL or other needed documentation for the weapons.

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
tom said:
Worst yet, they are just using a bunch of those cheap $15 china LED lights off of eBay. At least the lights are green and amber rather than blue and amber I guess.. :hopeless:

And yet they still managed to rack up an $1,800 price tag. They probably overpaid ;-)

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Station 3 said:
YUP he would get pulled over by me.

Grandma driving a Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis would get pulled over by you simply for driving a Crown Victoria or Grand Marquis. :hopeless:

tbone745

Aug 26, 2011
Northbay, California
50theman said:
Thin Blue Line front plate and sticker on the back, here we go..... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I'm with ya there. Sends the wrong message since it's unmarked

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Luismariadarlene said:
As long as he dosent go around saying he is a police officer it's all good :)

But isn't that exactly what a white CVPI with lights inside is meant to say?

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
nerdly_dood said:
But isn't that exactly what a white CVPI with lights inside is meant to say?

Nope. I have seen pilot cars (CVPI's) with lights. Security vehicles (CVPI's) with lights and CVPI's with lights for all other uses.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
mjmath said:
I believe the patches read District Court Officer along with Sgt. stripes and a full duty belt. No CPL or other needed documentation for the weapons.

Oh great! One of those. I have made several hooks on dudes who wear the Dist. Court Officer patches, badges, and are only process servers. They really think that they are court officers. Big problem.

tbone745

Aug 26, 2011
Northbay, California
OSP959® said:
How many unmarked cars drive around with thin blue line plates?

I've seen way too many beat up Vics and Impalas missing hubcaps with body damage with those along with a ghetto cb antenna and black tinted windows. (NOT LEO's) Hmmmm I wounder why? :hopeless:

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
tbone745 said:
I've seen way too many beat up Vics and Impalas missing hubcaps with body damage with those along with a ghetto cb antenna and black tinted windows. (NOT LEO's) Hmmmm I wounder why? :hopeless

I was referring to how many REAL unmarks have thin blue line plates. None. You see an unmarked with thin blue line plates, you know it's not real.

tbone745

Aug 26, 2011
Northbay, California
FireEMSPolice said:
Some security companies do investigations, so being covert is key.

They wouldn't be driving anything that looked like a police car then.... unless they wanted to play detective of course ;)

LawMan902

Mar 29, 2011
FL, USA
Station 3 said:
YUP he would get pulled over by me.

Just curious, what exactly would you be stopping him/her for? Are the laws in TX really that strict, or are YOU just that strict? I personally don't give a damn what people drive, as long as it safe, and is operated in a safe and responsible manner. You wanna join REACT and buy an old unmarked CVPI at auction and whack it out, then fine, do it, be my guest... Might make the people in the less desirable parts of town think there is an increased LE presence... As long as they aren't being reckless, or breaking the law, I don't care. Blinkies aren't just for police, fire, and ems anymore...

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
LawMan902 said:
Just curious, what exactly would you be stopping him/her for? Are the laws in TX really that strict, or are YOU just that strict? I personally don't give a damn what people drive, as long as it safe, and is operated in a safe and responsible manner. You wanna join REACT and buy an old unmarked CVPI at auction and whack it out, then fine, do it, be my guest... Might make the people in the less desirable parts of town think there is an increased LE presence... As long as they aren't being reckless, or breaking the law, I don't care. Blinkies aren't just for police, fire, and ems anymore...

Station3 just likes to make stuff up is the issue. Do a search and you will catch on what he has said in the past. It wreaks of corruption. Drive a CVPI or anything resembling a police vehicle (even a Grand Marquis!) in his jurisdiction, and he will nail you solely on that. He will pull you over, find some reason or another to jam you up. His Chief approves of his actions like this, or marking a citation so the Chief or whoever knows if you were a dick or not. He says its all videotaped with audio. I will make my own film. This just makes me want to drive through his area to see if he will pull me over. I will do the speed limit and break no laws. Sorry, just dont like cops that will pull you over just because its a CVPI (or similar). Thats bullshit.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
Yellow/Green is hideous! I don't mind our security guys with lightbars. If they step out of line they go to jail. Simple as pie. Oh and yes, some of our security people have red in their lighting set up. :no:

Nov 7, 2011
New England
FireEMSPolice said:
Station3 just likes to make stuff up is the issue. Do a search and you will catch on what he has said in the past. It wreaks of corruption. Drive a CVPI or anything resembling a police vehicle (even a Grand Marquis!) in his jurisdiction, and he will nail you solely on that. He will pull you over, find some reason or another to jam you up. His Chief approves of his actions like this, or marking a citation so the Chief or whoever knows if you were a dick or not. He says its all videotaped with audio. I will make my own film. This just makes me want to drive through his area to see if he will pull me over. I will do the speed limit and break no laws. Sorry, just dont like cops that will pull you over just because its a CVPI (or similar). Thats bullshit.

Because its a white crown Victoria is not probable cause to stop the vehicle. Fruits of the poisonous tree doctrine would not only make the stop itself illegal, but would blow ANY illegally equipped lighting , away from being used..... I smell small town police political corruption. Oh wait, PC was that their tires looked bald maybe? .... :no:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
FireEMSPolice said:

Actually you would be stopped by many departments. Like I have said before you know nothing about the intelligence reports we get from TXDPS. Many people who traffic drugs and humans use old LE vehicles. The area where Station 3 works and I used to work is a war zone pretty much because of the drug cartels in mexico, shut up and move down there and work as a LEO and see what goes on. Your up in an area that has no clue what the hell is going on besides what you see on the news or online. Enough with this bitch ass attitude man the fuck up and work down there. Oh and in Texas any vehicle can be stopped for a valid DL check, PC for the random stop. His unit has three cameras and he wears a body camera also. No it is not corruption, its enforcing the laws and checking out suspicious vehicles in high crime areas of his jurisdiction.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
jcpse said:
Because its a white crown Victoria is not probable cause to stop the vehicle. Fruits of the poisonous tree doctrine would not only make the stop itself illegal, but would blow ANY illegally equipped lighting , away from being used..... I smell small town police political corruption. Oh wait, PC was that their tires looked bald maybe? .... :no:

No, but if it is a suspicious vehicle in a high crime or high drug activity vehicle then yes it is a legal stop. Besides profiling a vehicle is NOT illegal.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
MEVS06 said:
Actually you would be stopped by many departments. Like I have said before you know nothing about the intelligence reports we get from TXDPS. Many people who traffic drugs and humans use old LE vehicles. The area where Station 3 works and I used to work is a war zone pretty much because of the drug cartels in mexico, shut up and move down there and work as a LEO and see what goes on. Your up in an area that has no clue what the hell is going on besides what you see on the news or online. Enough with this bitch ass attitude man the fuck up and work down there. Oh and in Texas any vehicle can be stopped for a valid DL check, PC for the random stop. His unit has three cameras and he wears a body camera also. No it is not corruption, its enforcing the laws and checking out suspicious vehicles in high crime areas of his jurisdiction.

you choose to live and work down there! last time i checked it was real easy to rent a U-Haul and move. I am very aware of the reports you get. i get a lot of the same ones from our state as well as some of the 3-letter groups. I guess its a perk of being part of the WMD task force.

We used to have a couple of officers around here that had the same kind of do whatever it takes attitude, the short version is both of them got fired and one was brought up on charges. Our sheriff (my father) wont put up with that crap.

I have a charger that is unmarked with a spotlight that has a bunch of lights on it. its my demo vehicle as well as a car i respond in. Does that mean that i should be pulled over by a badge bully just for the hell of it??

MEVS06 said:
No, but if it is a suspicious vehicle in a high crime or high drug activity vehicle then yes it is a legal stop. Besides profiling a vehicle is NOT illegal.
so is stopping somebody for throwing a cigarette butt out the window and charging them with littering. there is a big difference between enforcing the law and being a dick for the hell of it. i am starting to have an idea which side of that you fall on.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
FireMedic129 said:
you choose to live and work down there! last time i checked it was real easy to rent a U-Haul and move. I am very aware of the reports you get. i get a lot of the same ones from our state as well as some of the 3-letter groups. I guess its a perk of being part of the WMD task force.
We used to have a couple of officers around here that had the same kind of do whatever it takes attitude, the short version is both of them got fired and one was brought up on charges. Our sheriff (my father) wont put up with that crap.

I have a charger that is unmarked with a spotlight that has a bunch of lights on it. its my demo vehicle as well as a car i respond in. Does that mean that i should be pulled over by a badge bully just for the hell of it??

so is stopping somebody for throwing a cigarette butt out the window and charging them with littering. there is a big difference between enforcing the law and being a dick for the hell of it. i am starting to have an idea which side of that you fall on.

Work the area then speak, until then... You have no idea what it is to work the area. Oh that's nice your dad is the sheriff and is that's why you think its ok to steal Elb members money... Oops I wasn't supposed to say that.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
MEVS06 said:
Work the area then speak, until then... You have no idea what it is to work the area. Oh that's nice your dad is the sheriff and that's why you think its ok to steal Elb members money... Oops I wasn't supposed to say that.

oh please kind sir tell me who's money i have stolen!!!! you need to look up the definition of Libel before you go opening your mouth about anything. Anybody that has placed orders with me for CPS products has been informed about the delay and every other item i sell ships right away. so please feel free to PM me and let me know what the hell you are talking about!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.