UPDATE 1/23/2014***2004 Ford F150 EMS POV

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
This truck (thanks in part to Outlet PSE) has now been newly redone and before and after photos/vidoes are provided.

Before:

Currently Installed:

1x SOS 100D 100W Siren Speaker (Behind bumper in front of grille)

4x Strobes N' More Dual Color E6, red/blue (Behind grille on bracket and "mirrror beams")

1x Antenna on fender mount, 1/8 wave VHF

1x Code3 710 HLF (Installed on plastic cover under hood)

1x Garmin GPS semi permanent mount

2x Whelen D2 Domintors. red/amber and blue/amber (rear deck)

1x Code3 V-Con Siren

Will be installed later:

1x Interior Lightbar

1x T/A

2x LAW in rear

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
efdny2003 said:
Not bad, will you be adding more? Just a heads up, your driver side grill light is out.

Yes I will be as funds come available. The equipment I have listed as to be installed are things I have right now and don't have to order. I hope to have an interior lightbar, rear dual color t/a, and some LAW's in my CHMSL and reverse lights, TIR3 in back side windows, and intersectors, along with siren and radio, but that is wishful thinking. I am in no hurry because I switched departments and now have to earn a "blue card" with this department, so I can't run code anyways right now. Just getting it ready. And yes I am aware. lol. The wire got ripped out of it so I have to get it soldered.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Decent setup right now, simple but effective. If I were you I would flash both sides of the L18 at once for a bigger footprint.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
acala91 said:
Decent setup right now, simple but effective. If I were you I would flash both sides of the L18 at once for a bigger footprint.

I'm going to add another one to the driver side when I get more money. I'm not currently running code so this is all just set up waiting till I get more money. in other words the driver side will look like the passenger side lol. At some point

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
The grill light(s) are too small. Ditch them and replace it with a pair of TIR6s or something with a bigger footprint.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Storm4200 said:
The grill light(s) are too small. Ditch them and replace it with a pair of TIR6s or something with a bigger footprint.

Well if I had the money! Working with what I have and very limited budget....and these are basically LIN6's. The video doesn't really show them justice, due to the camera being quite a bit higher than where the lights are. However, I do agree, and if I get the chance then they will be replaced with a TIR style light. But at this point, it's better than not having one.

DJIceman97

Dec 22, 2012
Northeast Kentucky
Needs a bowtie on the front. :-x

But in all seriousness, looks good. Tip of advice, not sure how the Ford windows will sit compared to Chevrolet, but you can turn the bracket around, with the middle facing down, and the light will sit just as close to the windshield that there will be very little flashback.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
DJIceman97 said:
Needs a bowtie on the front. :-x

But in all seriousness, looks good. Tip of advice, not sure how the Ford windows will sit compared to Chevrolet, but you can turn the bracket around, with the middle facing down, and the light will sit just as close to the windshield that there will be very little flashback.

Lol, I'm good! I used this technique to install the light so no real bracket...but it sits very tight against the wind shield. I don't have any flash back with it however the light does come out the bottom where the slats are. but its not very bright and only shines on the dash not on the actual windshield.

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
strobecrazy said:
Have you tried flashing all the E6 blue then all red? It would give a wider footprint of all one color at the sametime.

This is an option. I also think a quicker pattern would be better than a single flash in this case. Quad flash each side while keeping alternating colors.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
nightwolf said:
This is an option. I also think a quicker pattern would be better than a single flash in this case. Quad flash each side while keeping alternating colors.

Faster will make it look purple from a distance.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I definitely would change the patterns on the grill and mirror lights. here is no "flash" to warn with just changing colors. Maybe a single side flashes one color, the next side flashes the next and keep going. Just doesn't look like an effective pattern as is. Overall very nice upgrade!!

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
strobecrazy said:
Have you tried flashing all the E6 blue then all red? It would give a wider footprint of all one color at the sametime.
Yes, I have, and I compared it from a distance with the way it is now. there was not a big difference, and I like to show 2 colors at once compared to one against the other.

nightwolf said:
It makes it people. All other patterns are split.

strobecrazy said:
Faster will make it look purple from a distance.
Correct, it does.

crt6mrt-265 said:
I definitely would change the patterns on the grill and mirror lights. here is no "flash" to warn with just changing colors. Maybe a single side flashes one color, the next side flashes the next and keep going. Just doesn't look like an effective pattern as is. Overall very nice upgrade!!
Thank you, and the video doesn't really give it justice. While there is no "off" inbetween flashes, it is attention getting. While what you describe would be awesome, that would require 2 flashers if I understand correctly. It works well enough that people know to pull over. The HLF gets their attention, then they see the lights. It has worked very well so far, and I plan to build an interior bar eventually with these.

I have tried every pattern and combo you could think of, and this is the best. I do want to buy a better flasher eventually, but this does great for now.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
so the e6 dual color is not like other dual light heads? that's interesting that they can not alternate. the other dual light heads I have seen can. now unless there is a synch wire for them and a phase setting, but you said you said you went through all the patterns. just so odd you can't alternate them. hmmm

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
crt6mrt-265 said:
so the e6 dual color is not like other dual light heads? that's interesting that they can not alternate. the other dual light heads I have seen can. now unless there is a synch wire for them and a phase setting, but you said you said you went through all the patterns. just so odd you can't alternate them. hmmm

This is the only dual color light I've seen or used personally- so I can't say what is different or not. But, this light has one constant 12V wire, one ground, sync, pattern and 2 white wires, one for each color. If you attach both white wires together it will do a split 3/3 pattern instead of the way mine do. To do it the way I did, you have to have an external flasher. One color to each output. Did that explain it?

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Added a TIR3 to the rear driver window for side coverage, other one was DOA so waiting to get it replaced. Also changed the pattern on SNM TIR6's. I voided the dual color function due to not having a "pop". I also placed the grille lights on switch 2, and made pursuit mode include the mirror beams, which go in sync with the grille lights when turned on. Next thing to come (hopefully during tax time if enough is left over) is the other side TIR3 and either 1 or 2 dash lights put at the roof line. LAW's in reverse light housing in the distant future. Also made a distribution panel that is a bit overboard on fuse panels, but they were just laying around. Pictures of that shortly.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.