Updating our MX7000 lightbar

fao110

Aug 19, 2010
USA Western Ky
We are looking at adding some LEDs to our MX7000. The bars top deck is fully populated with rotators, center oscillator and we have intersection sweep lights.
The bar has no front flashers. We are planning on adding take downs, ally lights and LEDs towards the front.
Could you guys give us some options and recommendations.

Thanks
Tim H

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
You can easily find direct fit Code 3 LEDX heads for the lower section of that bar, or if you want to get creative... Most current smaller lightheads would fit if you made brackets. Feniex T3 and T6, Whelen LINZ6 and TIR3, so on and so forth.

Possibly even SOS Ghosts and Whelen IONs, I believe Federal Signal IMPAXX heads are small enough.

Alley lights will have to be offset towards the rear, to leave room for the sweeps. Not a LARGE amount of space but you could likely fit a small LED head like a Feniex Titan down there, or something bigger on the upper tray if the domes arent colored.

I put 4 (100w each) halogen takedowns in the front of my old MX, just used parts I had laying around. If you want simple, you can find standard MX halogen takedown/flasher assemblies pretty easily.

Its going to boil down to how much money and effort you want to put into the bar. It may end up being more financially wise to purchase a newer bar with the options you are looking for. The MX7000 is a very versatile platform to build on, but projects like this can add up $$$ quick!

Reactions: Lightbarnut

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.