V-Con Help >Problem Solved!

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I was installing a V-Con last night when I had a brain fart. I had the siren grounded and one of the speaker outputs connected to the speaker. I hooked up power to see if the siren was all good and ran one of the tones 'dry' for less that 4 seconds (sound coming from siren itself). That's when I noticed some smoke coming from the siren. :oops: Now the siren works as it should but doesn't put out the full wattage when it's hooked up to 100 watts; I can hear the speaker and the internal speaker in the siren at the same time. But when I hook it up to run 58 watts the unit works flawlessly. So basically what I have is a V-Con that's not pushing 100 watts anymore. :? What did I burn up in it that would make this happen?

I think running it dry with one of the outputs hooked up made this happen... :oops:

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
No, I definitely have it on the 100 watt output. I changed it over to 58 watts so the thing would work right. :roll: There was a pretty good amount of smoke coming from that box- I thought I had cooked it completely.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Just to check, smoke came from the siren amp, not the siren speaker?

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I think I may have grounded the connections on the siren and that's where the smoke came from. I took it apart today can't find anything that even suggests it got hot. What I did find is that the speaker in my truck is bad; I tested the siren on another speaker and it works fine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.