value/specs for Whelen 33H

specialopsmedic

Banned
Dec 23, 2010
Charlotte/Salisbury NC
I recently came across a Whelen 33H Rotabeam. First question is what is the value of it? Red dome, not new but looks pretty darn good. Intact cig plug. Second question is what is the stock wattage of the bulb? Thanks in advance!

The 33H used a 50 watt halogen bulb, to begin with, and originally boasted a rating of 70,000 cp. That was later upped to 110,000cp. with a 35 watt bulb. Better optical point, I guess. The flash rate was appx. 75 FPM. It is a nice, bright light, and used the same base, dome, and clamp ring as it's predacessor, the Model 44 Senior Deputy. It used the same bulb, reflector, motor assembly as the 80H series lightbars. In very nice condition, worth could hover around $100, depending on how bad a buyer wanted it. In 1990 the magnetic version listed for $145.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
specialopsmedic said:
ok well good I picked it up for a whopping 5 bucks....
Five bucks? That's an incredibly good deal, even if it's just good for parts.

I just found two of the 33H for $10 each at a yard sale. Very good condition. The only reason I didn't snag them is that they are blue and I need amber and I wanted to research them before buying them. dmathieu, you mentioned that you have amber domes for these. Could you maybe PM me and let me know what you want for two of those? Thanks! :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381