veetronix alert reciver

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Do you have just the box unit or also the programming attachment? It has a keypad and display on it.I know we have one to program them,never done it myself though.We have used them as Plectron replacement for station sirens, door openers via DTMF keypads and other stuff.Nice sturdy units.The software is free on the website below.

They are nice folks at Veetronix, give them a call and maybe they can point you to someone with the programming attachment.

Contact Info

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
vsfd341 said:
I have a veetronix alert receiver I need to have the tones changed over how can I go about it Is there a way I can do it on my own

I have never heard of the Veetronix alert receiver and I've been around the fire and ems radio business since 1969.

In 30 seconds of looking on the net, I found their website, product info, owners manual, accessories, and free programming software.

I see that the contact info has been posted for you. Now you know.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Nice units Steve, if you have a remote door opening project or looking to replace some plectrons.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
wkr518 said:
Nice units Steve, if you have a remote door opening project or looking to replace some plectrons.

Think I'll stick with the batwing stuff.... :)

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
vsfd341 said:
I took it to a shop near me and they can't program it with out knowing the tone information trying to find out now where to get the tone information from

Your department is a good place to start, if you belong to one.

Failing that, you might check radioreference.com - they have an extensive database which includes fire and ems tone info for many areas of the country.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
If you are with Valley Stream in Nassau County I have most of your tone infos on file here. In fact I have quite a few of your pagers too! :)

We also have the program head for the units up to 2007 models

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Steve0625 said:
Think I'll stick with the batwing stuff.... :)

I didn't know this about Veetronix, no wonder it works so well! :)

Mr. Wycoff and Mr. Collins parted as co-owners of Plectron about 1961 and Mr. Wycoff left to open Reach Electronics in nearby Lexington, Nebraska. It became a very successful company and it is still operating in Lexington under the name Veetronics

The History of Plectron Corporation

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
wkr518 said:
I didn't know this about Veetronix, no wonder it works so well! :)

Mr. Wycoff and Mr. Collins parted as co-owners of Plectron about 1961 and Mr. Wycoff left to open Reach Electronics in nearby Lexington, Nebraska. It became a very successful company and it is still operating in Lexington under the name Veetronics

The History of Plectron Corporation

That sheds a different light on the subject! We had Plectron 500's when I got in the EMS business in 1972. They worked well, but with our call volumes, everyone wanted to go to Minitor I's. I later sold the Plectrons to a tiny ambulance squad out in the country. Nearly 20 years later, I moved to that town and joined the squad. Most of those Plectrons were still in service and I soon had the opportunity of selling them again!

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Steve0625 said:
That sheds a different light on the subject! We had Plectron 500's when I got in the EMS business in 1972. They worked well, but with our call volumes, everyone wanted to go to Minitor I's. I later sold the Plectrons to a tiny ambulance squad out in the country. Nearly 20 years later, I moved to that town and joined the squad. Most of those Plectrons were still in service and I soon had the opportunity of selling them again!

Nice!

Just did a bid on 4 Veetronix to use to open Quarry Gates remotely via VHF from a guardhouse and 3 trucks with DTMF. Owner wants to do the same to his Truck yard after he gets his new fence and gates installed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cawensel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.