Vehicle Partitions/Cages

medicop88

Apr 11, 2011
Rhome, Texas
Does anyone know if vehicle cages/prisoner partitions have to be vehicle specific, or is there a model that can be moved from different types of vehicles? The idea is that we can reuse them in newer vehicles (such as old style chargers to new style). Any help would be appreciated.

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
I have swapped the ProGard sheilds between older Impalas, Intrepids and Crown Vics. The shield is the same, you just need a transfer kit for the specific vehicle. However the shields for the newer Impalas, Chargers and such Im not sure about. They have a different way of mounting in those vehicles.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
I can only speak from experience about Setina because that is all I use. Setina seems to have finally gotten the actual cage part to be universal, and all you have to change are the side pieces and mounting brackets.

I have seen installs that modify a cage out of one vehicle to fit in another vehicle. I do not like doing that for many reasons, the main being that if you do not use the right mounts/brackets/cage etc for a specific vehicle and you get in a wreck you run the chance of having a large heavy piece of steel flying around the inside of a car.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.