Vermont County Sheriff Cars Crushed!

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
What an idiot. Doesn't he know? "you may out run our cars, but you will never out run our radio"

FGS

May 21, 2010
United States, Maryland
I just saw this on Yahoo.com and I knew someone's bound to post the news article in here. Sucks to be the two deputies having just washed their cars to only have them crushed later. What a moron. :duh: :weird:

As for the guns. I am sure they're fine given on the pic the trunk of the first car's more or less intact. The unmarked one is the most damaged trunk of the lot. :undecided:

Don't get the charge for leaving the scene of an accident. It was deliberate. Anyone can clear that confusion up? (The Yahoo's article mentioned that charge.)

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
FGS said:
Don't get the charge for leaving the scene of an accident. It was deliberate. Anyone can clear that confusion up? (The Yahoo's article mentioned that charge.)

The charge is probably equal to leaving the scene of a collision (like hit and run) but worded differently in that state. Or the news put the wrong one.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I still find it very hard to believe the PD had no idea that was happening until a neighbor called it in..

Talk about lack of situational awareness.. More so with the ones crushed out front- spitting distance from the front door of the station.

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
unlisted said:
I still find it very hard to believe the PD had no idea that was happening until a neighbor called it in..

Talk about lack of situational awareness.. More so with the ones crushed out front- spitting distance from the front door of the station.

the building was a bank prior to the sherriffs dept moving in.thick walls and the walls are sound proof.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
For the record, it is not acceptable what this guy. He got arrested for doing stupid stuff, he is is directing his anger. This is NOT funny.

That being said... I saw the article and thought it was HILARIOUS!!! All I could think was I wish someone would come do that to MY cruiser! It would suck for a couple weeks, but I would get a BRAND NEW car, lightbar, equipment, radio, siren, etc etc on this guy's dollar. Instead of a lowest bidder install and used equipment, they have no choice but to buy NEW stuff. Sounds great!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
mcpd2025 said:
For the record, it is not acceptable what this guy. He got arrested for doing stupid stuff, he is is directing his anger. This is NOT funny.

That being said... I saw the article and thought it was HILARIOUS!!! All I could think was I wish someone would come do that to MY cruiser! It would suck for a couple weeks, but I would get a BRAND NEW car, lightbar, equipment, radio, siren, etc etc on this guy's dollar. Instead of a lowest bidder install and used equipment, they have no choice but to buy NEW stuff. Sounds great!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a little funny.

I'm not condoning it..... but if you are mad enough to commit a serious felony or ten... don't kill a bunch of people.... damage a bunch of property in a hilarious cartoon-like manner. We need less shootings and more tractor on property crime! And it needs to be caught on video!

Seriously, glad no one was hurt...

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
FGS said:
Seems pretty clear to me: They're pissed so they're charging him with

every

single

thing

that he did wrong.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
i have to admit that i also find this a little amusing!!!

can you imagine being the dispatcher putting that call out over the air!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Somewhat of an amusing story, but the farmer was arrested for possession of marijuana... how much? Being caught with a small amount is generally not that serious of a charge, destroying police property is. Of course, he may have been charged with running a marijuana farm and that is serious. Still, he has done nothing to improve the outcome of his trial, but has pretty much sealed his fate. Bye-bye private farm, hello state farm.

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
unlisted said:

these cars are out back of the office

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
stansdds said:
Somewhat of an amusing story, but the farmer was arrested for possession of marijuana... how much? Being caught with a small amount is generally not that serious of a charge, destroying police property is. Of course, he may have been charged with running a marijuana farm and that is serious. Still, he has done nothing to improve the outcome of his trial, but has pretty much sealed his fate. Bye-bye private farm, hello state farm.

There is a lot more to this story than just the marijuana charge. The "farmer" had a lengthy rap sheet and a history of mental illness. After destroying the OCSD cruisers he headed down the road to the city PD and was going to do the same to the city cruisers. The "farmer" also had a loaded hand gun strapped to his hip.

PULVERIZED! | Newport Daily Express

Orleans County Sheriff's Department Archives - Barton Chronicle Newspaper

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
natep24 said:
these cars are out back of the office
There was also some cars crushed in front of the station, in addition to the ones parked out back as shown in a media report video.

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
unlisted said:
There was also some cars crushed in front of the station, in addition to the ones parked out back as shown in a media report video.
nope. i was there... they are all out back

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
natep24 said:
nope. i was there... they are all out back
so this photo is out back?

article-2182958-145A7859000005DC-988_634x449.jpg

Regardless where this is, it's stupid close to the building. Very surprised no one heard / saw anything. Regardless if the building is soundproof.

natep24

Jul 13, 2010
Orleans VT
unlisted said:
so this photo is out back?
View attachment 37007

Regardless where this is, it's stupid close to the building. Very surprised no one heard / saw anything. Regardless if the building is soundproof.

yes that photo is out back. and the fact of the matter is they did not hear it. even tho its "stupid close"

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Would it still be a little bit funny if he had destroyed a fleet of ambulances or firetrucks? Say he got a bill he didn't like or he was upset cause the FD did a grand job of saving his foundation?

Crazy is crazy and dangerous is dangerous. This dude is both.

BTW, good luck on SD getting all new cars and equipment. If their insurance is like ours, cars and equipment are pro-rated and the taxpayer eats the rest. In today's world, that means SD will probably be making due with less. Perhaps they can recoup some of the cost from the perpetrator, but if the insurance pays out, then SD has no recourse against him.

Hilarious.

Grotonems5

Jun 1, 2010
Groton, Vermont
Everyone in VT thinks that it is hilarious. Of course, there are very few pro police in VT. ...Until someone wrongs them and they expect the officers to be right here right now to speak to them about how they were wronged. Otherwise it's a bunch of people avoiding the police and talking smack about them. Fire/EMS are the few that have respect for the police, and the police generally have respect for fire/ems, as we rely on each other regularly.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
natep24 said:
There is a lot more to this story than just the marijuana charge. The "farmer" had a lengthy rap sheet and a history of mental illness. After destroying the OCSD cruisers he headed down the road to the city PD and was going to do the same to the city cruisers. The "farmer" also had a loaded hand gun strapped to his hip.

PULVERIZED! | Newport Daily Express

Orleans County Sheriff's Department Archives - Barton Chronicle Newspaper

Ohhhh... he's going to jail for a long time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.