Very close to Impersonating my business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
I found this the other day while browsing eBay.

There is a seller who is basically using my companies name to sell on eBay....not exact, but too close!

This is the listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Police-Interceptor-Police-P71-P71-Chiefs-Unit-Equipped-Whelen-Havis-Shield-Consol-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf566c3d6QQitemZ330534667222QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Notice his User ID.....VERY close to: www.Tristatepse.com (.net being the only difference)

Their alleged website is not even operational...Looks like they state their location as PA, and we're in Ohio..

Please be advised that this person DOES NOT work for us and is in NO WAY associated with:

Tri-State Public Safety Equipment or www.Tristatepse.com

....Just wanted to make everyone aware.

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but this is kind of a gray area though with a name like your company's. There are a LOT of businesses out there with the "Tri State" name (Hell, I almost called my company Tri State Communications since we are literally located right where NY, NJ and PA all meet) and the PSE part, there are numerous companies out there that have that in their name as well. Bottom line is that as long as he isn't using any logos or company references that are similar or identical to yours, there really isn't too much you can do about it.

I went through this recently with another company opening in the county that used the same name as my business, but they were a printing company. Did it piss me off? Yeah, but there wasn't too much I could do about it. I waited it out and they didn't stay in business for more than 8 months. Looking back, I am soooooo freaking glad that I didn't start a pissing war as it would only have cost me more money and would have just wound up in the papers and been free advertising for them, which may have actually kept them from going under.

As for your guy on Flea Bay, like you said, his website isn't even up which really is going to make prospective buyers step back and wonder "WTF?". Patience is a virtue grasshopper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381