Video of one of our ambulances

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I'm going to preface this with this; I absolutely love the truck, very smooth, quiet and powerful but I absolutely despise the lighting on it.

Equipment is as follows:

Whelen 900 LED on the front of the box R - R/W - W - R/W - R

Whelen 500 series 5mm in the grill

Whelen LIN3 for intersection

Whelen 900 strobe on the sides of the box

Whelen 900 LED on the rear of the box - uppers are R - A - R, lowers are R/W :hopeless:

Whelen 295HFS2 siren

CPI speakers x2

Nothing is synced except for the strobes. All the LEDs are set to single flash 150, at night it basically looks like all the LED 900s are steady burned because there is hardly any off time. It's just one pink, blinding blob, and don't just me started on the clear to the rear. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs a swift kick in the balls. :duh:

The chassis is a 2012 Ford F-350, the box is a remanned Wheeled Coach Type 1 box.

Link VVVV

Coastal 201 Lighting - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Lose the split fail!

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
Whoever spec'd that ambo needs a lesson on syncing lights.

Here's our ambulance:

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
Is adding a flasher to 900 series lights an expensive option for ambulances. it seems that not many people opt for it. my department has Hortons and the 900 are all synced and not split.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
NJEMT said:
Is adding a flasher to 900 series lights an expensive option for ambulances. it seems that not many people opt for it. my department has Hortons and the 900 are all synced and not split.

I'm not sure but I doubt it. I think it has to do with most people responsible for specing new vehicles not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to emergency vehicle lighting.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
That Chevy Top Kick/Kodiak or whatever they call their Heavy Duty chassis looks very nice, but anyway to alternate those grill lights? They would certainly be more effective with a left side flash - right side flash pattern instead of all 4 flashing at the same time.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Whoever spec-ed coastal's ambos has some serious A.D.D....5 mm 500's, lin3's, strobes, etc!?!?

tjayfire17 said:
Whoever spec'd that ambo needs a lesson on syncing lights.

Here's our ambulance:

Except for the chassis choice, I'm in love with that!

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
pdk9 said:
Whoever spec-ed coastal's ambos has some serious A.D.D....5 mm 500's, lin3's, strobes, etc!?!?

Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking. If I had any say in it they would be a lot different and for the better. I work on one of our vanbulances in a few days that has a wonderful lighting package. I will snap some pictures and a video of that one and post it up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.