VIDEOs ADDED: 2003 Silverado DEMO vehicle

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
Hey guys. The weather here has just been crazy, and ive been swamped with installs (a very good thing:cool:) so i haven't had a chance to wash the truck and clean it out, but here are a few pics to wet your whistle! VIDEOs have been added in a lower post!

Everything on it is Pimp Pods (Im a dealer for Pimp) except the Rontan WingLux bar. Holy Crapp it's bright. Yes the truck has too much on it. Yes its obnoxious. However, please keep in mind that it is a DEMO vehicle, and is used for selling to my local area PD / FD / and PW depts. These guys down here have to be able to put there hands on a light and test it out before they buy. So with this I have at least one of every light that I distribute.

Now onto the lights:

FRONT:

6LEDRB x2 on front of Push Bumper

4LEDRW and 4LEDBW on sides of PB

Pair of LED HAW-WW in the DRL positions

(Those Whelen 400 SuperLEDs in the turn sig positions are used as turn sigs.)Not for sale

D12RB dashlight

REAR:

WB8 RBRBRBRB on roof

WB6 AAAAAA on roof

6LEDR and 6LEDB on toolbox

Pair of 3LEDA on toolbox

Pair of LED HAW WW in the backup positions (Not visible in pics)

3LEDR and 3LEDB on a LPBKT on the rear plate (Not visible in pics.)

2 red and 1 amber TIR3 in each brake light housing and 1 red TIR3 in the CHMSL. They are used as S/T/T lamps. not for sale.

Everything is independently switched, and im about to install a 12 channel remote controller keyfob system and will be able to turn things on up to 1,000 ft away.

Again, yes its over the top, but on a demo vehicle isnt that the point? :yes:

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!

It may have a ton of lights on it, but it is VERY well done. Props to you. What do you have in terms of control systems, sirens, etc? Plans for anything else in the future?

The lights in the light housings are awesome. How long did it take you to do them? I bet they are hella bright. I'd love to see some pics of them in general and lit up.

Side note, how do you like your WingLux lightbar? I've never seen one in person, or any Rontan product for that matter. Is that your personal bar or is it for sale? I mean I know for the right price anything is for sale, but you know what I mean.

Edit:

Oh yeah...I think it needs a HLF...maybe some side warning on the toolbox :p

I have a 2004 model of the silverado. Are those LED lights in the turn signals, if so can you post a closeup or a video of them?

Everything on that looks really good, alot of light but very cleanly done.

Are the LED's in your front turn signals set up to a dim steady burn with the parking lights/headlights? i would think those would be pretty bright otherwise. Looks like a great truck, some nice ideas in there as well

Thanks for the great comments guys! Keep em coming!

As several of you have mentioned, I will be posting detailed photos/ videos of everything in action including the custom taillights and turn sigs I did three years ago. They are VERY bright and still receive the most compliments. The mods I did to them still meet and exceed FMVSS and DOT standards. It really is very unique. I'll post pics this afternoon.

To Spencer's question, yes I really like the Winglux. It is seriously intense and has slot of cool features. It's not for sale currently but you know money talks hehehe. I'd say it gets the most attention with it by itself. No one around here has ever seen anything like it before. Who knows, I might start selling a few of them down here. This thing is very hard to look at during bright sunlight. They did a great job with the optics.

Anyway, more pics and sone vids will follow this afternoon! :cool:

Rusted413 said:
Are the LED's in your front turn signals set up to a dim steady burn with the parking lights/headlights? i would think those would be pretty bright otherwise. Looks like a great truck, some nice ideas in there as well

Actually they are set to triple flash when activated. Very noticeable and very bright! The front turn sigs don't dim with the park lights, because the corner markers are visible from the sides and the front, so those serve the park function.

I installed a set of 194 marker bulbs in the taillight housing next to one set of the red TIR3s to serve the park function to the rear. It will make sense once I post pics this evening.

Stay tuned!

aberfitchguy2472 said:
Looks great!

It may have a ton of lights on it, but it is VERY well done. Props to you. What do you have in terms of control systems, sirens, etc? Plans for anything else in the future?

The lights in the light housings are awesome. How long did it take you to do them? I bet they are hella bright.

Well, right now I just have everything running off a whelen PCC10 switch box, but eventually it will be running off a 12 channel remote control system that I have but haven't installed yet.

I'm trying to decide what siren I want to install. I'm leaning towards Carson since I get them through Pimp as well. I just installed the remote defender sa-361 system and I liked how it came out. I'm still undecided. :undecided:

The tails and turn sigs took about 2 days of mock up and 1 full day to execute. Lots of trial and error during the process. Silicone fixes just about everything:-x yes they are intense. They lay a strip of red on the payment on a cloudy day. They have so much pop intact that I've probably sent several people to the hospital for burning retinas. J/k of coarse. :eek:

BTW, that beautiful burble sound in the video is a Gibson Super Sport exhaust system hooked up to a 4.3L V6!!

Sounds pretty good eh?

We tested one of those Ronton Winglux bars on one of our cars for about 6 months. Tested a few other bars too. Decided to go with the Whelen Edge, but I always really liked that thing. Thought it had great intersection warning capabilities.

That's a nice install! That Rontan bar looks great-- hopefully we'll start seeing them on some municipality units.

On the other hand, I think your truck would look better without that "Baylor" sticker. ;)

brewmeister08 said:
That's a nice install! That Rontan bar looks great-- hopefully we'll start seeing them on some municipality units.

On the other hand, I think your truck would look better without that "Baylor" sticker. ;)

I put the decal on a few years ago. It's fading and cracking, so it's coming off anyways. ;)

Is that a rhino/linex coating on your rocker panels & hood? It looks good and really compliments the black wheels. My chevy wants that look now but my wife wouldn't approve.

Alex said:
Is that a rhino/linex coating on your rocker panels & hood? It looks good and really compliments the black wheels. My chevy wants that look now but my wife wouldn't approve.

It's all Line-X Xtra. It coats the bed, rockers, grill, hood, fenders AND wheels. So basically the entire lower half of the truck is bullet proof. Not really, but Line-X is the only manufacturer that passed the militarize tests for homo proofing buildings. They can coat the inner walls of a structure and blow up a bom next to the building, and the structure stays intact!

It's 3/8" thick in the bed of my truck. I've dropped cinder blocks from a second story window onto it and it hasn't made a dent in the truck! Great stuff!

EDIT: for the record, the back bumper is not coated in line-x. It's some of that cheap bed coating crapp in a can from the auto parts store. I did the bumper in it long before I ever had the truck line-x'ed. It's flaking off so bad that I need to have both bumper shot in line-x. Just another thing on my to-do list! :crazy:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381