Vintage Federal Aerodynic Lightbar For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobeste

Oct 8, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Hi everybody... My wife and I acquired this light bar with the purchase of an old ambulance.  Truthfully, we don't know that much about it, including the model number.  It appears to work fine when powered.  Located in Lincoln, Nebraska but shipping is no problem. Please message me for more info.  Thanks!

L3.JPG

L1.JPG

l8.JPG

L9.JPG

Jul 14, 2014
NV
It appears to be a 24EH.  If you slide the passenger (right) side lens off the model number will be near the motor.  To get the lens off, undo the 2 silver colored screws on the AeroDynic metal plate, then grab hold of the lens and work it off, it might take some elbow grease, but they will come off.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
This light was on the Bay for a little while.    Did it get pulled because of dome colors?

I 2nd what 801 said  looks to be a 24EH  and the speaker grille is early generation.. late 70s early 80s

value depends on overall light condition..  Domes appear to be OK,  not bad but not great either... and there is a screw coming out of the top of an endcap in that one picture?

I'd say post some pictures with the domes off so we can see what the overall condition is.

Rob

gobeste

Oct 8, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Thanks guys...I'll open it up tonight and get some photos for you.  Yes, ebay removed the listing because of the colors, apparently.  I think it mentioned the red as being a problem.  

Ok, here are some more photos.  You guys were right, 24EH.  And Rob you're right, the domes are ok, not amazing.  The inside however, seems to be pretty clean.  Not CLEAN I mean, it's really dusty in there but everything looks fairly untouched.  I guess I should wait for you to tell me that. 

The screw came right out and I'm not sure what it's for.  I included a photo of the hole.  Let me know if I can tell you anything else about it.  Thanks again.

Sean

photo.JPGphoto2.JPGphoto3.JPGphoto5.JPGphoto6.JPGphoto8.JPGphoto9.JPGphoto10.JPG

photo4.JPG

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Interesting light actually.

Early generation

PM away

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Are those an early factory variant for the PAR holders?  I thought i saw holes for missing wire holders, but I'm not sure.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That appears to an example of an Aerodynic from the first two years of production, 1977-78.  In 1979 Federal went to ABS plastic stationary bulb holders.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
That appears to an example of an Aerodynic from the first two years of production, 1977-78.  In 1979 Federal went to ABS plastic stationary bulb holders.
I thought they used metal ones with tabs first, it still looks like something was changed there.  The metal holder looks correct...

This was my impression of Early PAR holders in these bars...

aero.JPG

The metal triangle linking all three bulbs is different.. not sure if a factory variant

post-25603-0-28495000-1412822939.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The plating on that bracket seems to match the other bulb holder tabs, so I'm thinking it is original.  Perhaps Gobeste could pull the dome off and examine the markings on the motor, odds are there is a date on that motor that will correspond closely to the assembly date of the bar. 

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
I think that one from both designs was first edition and other the second.

maybe the triangle was second because the twinsonic cts had same holders for steadies and was made before aero bar.

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
I think that one from both designs was first edition and other the second.

maybe the triangle was second because the twinsonic cts had same holders for steadies and was made before aero bar.
Nope, that's completely different from a CTS. CTS used PAR 46 steadys. Completely different..

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Ok i now that cts used par46 but i thought to tell that design holders were similar design on screw and clip.

So is the bar still for sale or not?

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The model number does have the suffix "1Z", which usually indicates special order and that could explain the unique lamp holder.  After digging through my collection of photos, I found another 24EAH-2Z early production with the same end lamp holder bracket, so I'd say it's legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: denko3
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.