Vintage Federal Deck lights 90's

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
I looked on this board for the info and cant find.

I also looked online for a pic for you guys but no go.

I can describe it. They were in my FS catalog that i got rid of back in 89-91 era.

They were deck/grille lights. With a the jetsonic filter in the light. It was a square black box, they made em in 1, 2 and 3 i believe.

They were before the SM that nypd used to use on thier rear decks.

I havent seen them at all.

anyone have pics? thanks

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
that is correct. the original "director" series lights. they were available in 1,2,3 and 4 section lengths. I have 1,2 and 3, but am missing an original 4 section. I only have photos of two units though.

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_D1.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_D3.jpg

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
ERIC6913 said:
that is correct. the original "director" series lights. they were available in 1,2,3 and 4 section lengths. I have 1,2 and 3, but am missing an original 4 section. I only have photos of two units though.

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_D1.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_D3.jpg

thanks. Ilike these much better due to easy color changing. I hate those new sm lights i think chp had on rear deck and nypd had on rear deck a while ago

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
AerodyMANIAC said:
thanks. Ilike these much better due to easy color changing. I hate those new sm lights i think chp had on rear deck and nypd had on rear deck a while ago

That might change in the future though. I bet you they are working on a color changing "SLR" type signalmaster.

AerodyMANIAC

May 1, 2012
Northeast
ERIC6913 said:
i like browsing older catalogs as well! pics are great.

if i do recon, i had the 89-91 or something fed sig catalog, i remmeber it was blue on front with ambulance and fire and cop cars. I remember the traffic blaster they had in it , the pa200, all that nice crap. It was actually a very expensive nice color cataloge i used to build a collection for my rec room and then got rid of everything.

then i remeber code 3 nver had a cataloge in the early 90s. They sent me a color flip out brochure, which was ok but whatver lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.