Vintage Yankee Model 351 Beacon(2 sealed beam). Now with a Blue dome also.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Hello fellow collectors. Today I have a new(to me) vintage Yankee Model 351 beacon with red dome. This is the 2 sealed beam model.This was advertised as used but i cannot tell if it was. The dome,base and dome gasket are flawless as well as it's function. The condition of the magnets and power cord are the only parts that seem to have any wear to them, and that is just slight wear.

There is a short video at the end of the photos(click on the pic below).

Enjoy!

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_Red_20Yankee_20Beacon_th_redyankee.jpg

Now I have both RED and BLUE domes!

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_Red_20Yankee_20Beacon_th_IMG00240_20110506_1259.jpg

The camera on my phone isn't best, so the video quality isn't either. :duh:

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I bought this one off fleabay. I was able to get a good deal on it and after receiving it and seeing the actual condition its in, it was a great deal!! I am attempting to get a blue dome from the seller for it.

Chris

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I finally received a response from the person that I bought this beacon from and I now have a deal in the works for a BLUE Yankee dome for this beacon!! :thumbsup:

Chris

dpewter

Apr 15, 2011
TX USA
Also, I have been reading where the "incorporated" businesses, selling these units, require proof of authority to acquire red or blue lenses (different forms specifically listed). But, I have also heard, that if you DON'T posses one of those same "authority" forms (if detained by another "authority" type) AND you are using/displaying it without immediate need to do so, you could be in legal trouble! Check you local laws; forwarnd is forarmed. :thumbsup:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Lt.214 said:
Thanks Dan. I really like the look of old Yankee beacon domes with the raised top.

Chris

Do you have a red dome that you want to trade or sell for this light?

Thanks Todd

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Nice find.

Yankee do not seems to be the most common light out there.

It seems to be an early manufactured light.

If I do not see wrong the motor has the manufacturing date: 10 21 75 which correspond to the SAE approval year.

The light can not have been used much in the 36 years it has been around.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Wigwam700 said:
Do you have a red dome that you want to trade or sell for this light?
Thanks Todd

Todd,

I had not planned on selling/trading either dome, rather keeping both domes with the light.

Thanks,

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.