Vision

towman88

May 21, 2010
Sweetwater, TN
Hi i got a vision lightbar today a V7PSS with slide swich and siren control. My problem is the box (Brain) only makes a little click like a little relay or something when i put power to it. The control head will not light up. Any info would be great.

I wounder would this have anything to do with it the keypad sad on the chips REV 2.01 the brain REV 3.06 and the lightbar REV 1.01?

bingo............. !!! they have to match ............

never heard about the keypad not matching, but its possible ....

the chips need to be the same in the brain and bar

911 said:

Can you just swich the chips out? If soo where would i find some?

yes, you can........good luck with the paperweight...........

a vision is a big PITA ............. too many problems with them, very problematic.........

i sold alot back in the day, and i always tested them before shipping and sold them complete, b/c of this 1 reason...........

how much do you have invested in it?

Hello,

I recently obtained a Federal Signal Vision 44" Lightbar that has the following Chip sets, Bar-3.00 (POLBC300), Control Brain-1.02(POLRB102) and 3.00(SDSAB300), Controler-2.01 (POLRP201) and to say Everything Works!!!

I would like to know if their are newer revisions of the chips and how much they cost. Even though everything works, I'm having some small glitches come up but able to fix after reseting the system by shutting the truck off.

911 said:

No they do not.

I have the same vision bar as Towman88, all the chips(the one in the bar, keypad and controller) do NOT match at all, and it works perfectly and programs properly.

My problem was I was hooking it up to an uber clean power supply, but the hi wattage bulbs were dropping the voltage to 8V on the in-rush of current, which caused the system to wig out. I put it on a battery and had no problems, put lower wattage bulbs in(the bar is for display) again, no problems.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381