Visor LED lights

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Are you looking for an interior light bar, or a visor light for your flip-down visor? There have definitely been some great products released in the past 3 years! :thumbsup:

NJ_EMT

Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey
Love the new Star/SVP one. Sure all the name brands like SoundOff, Whelen etc have some really nice looking bars, But Star's new Phantom StarBurst ULB22 or ULB44 has universal capabilities, less than 1" in height and is pretty affordable. Being only$ 500.00 compared to the whelen and SoundOff priced at nearly a thousand.

NJ_EMT said:
Love the new Star/SVP one. Sure all the name brands like SoundOff, Whelen etc have some really nice looking bars, But Star's new Phantom StarBurst ULB22 or ULB44 has universal capabilities, less than 1" in height and is pretty affordable. Being only$ 500.00 compared to the whelen and SoundOff priced at nearly a thousand.

Not looking for bars...strictly on a budget and looking at flip down visors. thx

The only decent one I found was the Soundoff. $188!!! ugh

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Icepuck72 said:
Been away for a while....looking at Visor lights. Is there anything new out within the past 3 years?

The SOS Gen3 visor light is IMO the only decent visor light out there...most visor lights on the market are only Gen1 5mm, so they don't really give u much punch.

However, for the price of the SOS gen 3 visor light, I'd consider going with a slimlighter on a bail mount (if u don't mind drilling the holes) because it's always tucked up in the tint, is approx the same brightness, and (most of all) u don't have to worry about remembing to flip the visor down (or positioning it so the TIRs are aimed correctly). Also, the slimlighter would sit closer to the windshield, so the visor light here would give you more flashback IMO, since it sits a few inches back from the windshield when facing forward

JaBradt85

May 23, 2010
Albany, NY
Im running a Blue/Clear Whelen strobe version, does the trick for me. I would suggest that and maybe some tir 3s or similar in the grille. I wanna do HAWs in my fogs but I need the $$$ first.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Well a used talon with the visor mount would be a good choice for your budget but if you really wanted the flip down variety then I would recommend the sound off product.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
grfd711 said:
Code 3 released a visor flip down LED not too long ago. I think they're priced in the ballpark of $150.

The only thing that turned me off the Code 3 version was that you can supposedly select the pattern for each light head separately. I also prefer the rectangular light heads more than the round ones. Coincidentally, I am not much of a Code 3 user so between that and a good deal I found on the Sound Off visor light, I opted for the Sound Off.

chabtastic

Aug 15, 2012
Morris County, NJ
kinnelonfire75 said:
The only thing that turned me off the Code 3 version was that you can supposedly select the pattern for each light head separately. I also prefer the rectangular light heads more than the round ones. Coincidentally, I am not much of a Code 3 user so between that and a good deal I found on the Sound Off visor light, I opted for the Sound Off.

I had the Code 3 Visor light. It was a great light, and I would definitely recommend it, very bright, and pretty inexpensive all things considered (118$ on sirennet). The flash patterns are a little weird, admittedly, but you can still do alternating and simultaneous patterns, and its kinda fun to play around with. My issue was, say it with me, flashback, which is why I ended up selling the light. But if you are dead-set on buying a visor light, OP, then I would definitely say that it is the way to go. My complaint was the colors are a bit limited, but that was my only complaint.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Gonna agree with all the SOS gen 3 visor posts. BUT any of the visor lights are going to produce some nasty flashback. There are a lot of other good options that can be mounted passenger side using the visor brackets (no new holes, comes with flashback shields, easily hidden if you tint the sunshade.) LS12, Feniex cobra 2x, Dual Avenger, Etc.

Good luck!

May 22, 2010
New York City
i have the code 3 version, love it, comes in alot more color options than listed on the retailers site tho......

i have red/white with clear lenses, it was custom ordered !

ncfireman1918

Jun 15, 2010
Mocksville, NC
I've run a visor light for about 10 years now. Started with a Whelen Flatlighter R/W strobe, hacked that up several years ago to fit some 500 series linear LEDs in it, ran it that way for a while, and just upgraded last year to the SoundOff Gen 3. It is an awesome light, and I couldn't be happier with it. It is very thin, as compared to my Flatlighter, and the gen 3 diodes are bright. Hands down gets my vote. Oh, and flashback has never been an issue in 5 different vehicles, not nearly as much as the some would have you believe.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
NBfirefighter3024 said:
im old school so Id go with the whelen flatlighter!

I've got like 5-6 of em. FL220 FTW!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
NBfirefighter3024 said:
Haha I got 1... For now

the FL220 was the first light I owned so they hold a special place in my heart. A few months back it seemed like everyone was selling them so I ended up buying them all.

liberal noob

Jun 14, 2010
Berkley, MA
Jared @ 911Lights said:
Yes, I meant Alerte System, they didn't go under, the owner wanted to retire and sold the company to Sho-me.
Alerte's website was down for a while and I assumed the worst. Thanks for the clarification.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.