VOID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
No reply for a while so here goes, your use of FDNY to describe your sirens could lead someone to believe they are genuine FDNY surplus, which I suspect they are not. The PA 300 is very common, and without pictures, you will probably not get any takers at that price. Please clarify. Not trying to be a jerk, but this plus a low post count is a red flag.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
There was a big discussion about "FDNY" PA300s a couple of years ago. I don't remember what the outcome was but some people from the NYC area claimed they had different tones; I think the manual rose and/or fell differently. There may have been some markings on the label or something like that. 

Jan 17, 2013
NY
Hey, sorry guys been busy with work, here are some photos of the unit, as you can see by the badges on the sirens they are official off of retired apparatus. 

ai.imgur.com_QHCWwN5.jpg

"Q: What is the main FDNY siren?

A: Rigs that are 2003 or older models use a customized Federal PA300 with a foot switch that allows it to be operated like a Q siren.  2004 or newer rigs (except for a few engines) predominantly have Federal EQ2B siren.  Newer support or chief vehicles use the Federal Smartsiren."

But yes the link that @grieuro provided is accurate, many of the sirens sound different. Here are a few reference videos to give you an idea of the range of pitches the FDNY has. 

Answered these questions in the last post, sorry for the delay everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.