Voltex Interior Lightbar

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Now I know that people on this site are not too into Chinese warning lights but as sort of a little hobby I have been buying and selling Voltex lights for a few months now. I started off with their grille lights and was impressed enough to try one of their interior lightbars.

I ordered a 6 head LED interior lightbar in amber (VOLTEX SPLIT VISOR REDHAWK TRI LED LIGHTBAR). The light arrived from CA to MA in about a week. It was packed nicely in a fitting box with styrafoam surrounding the light. Included was (2) suction cup mounts, (2) visor mounts, the bar, a cig plug, and a controller. The mounts seemed pretty sturdy. The lights seemed well constructed and sturdy as well. There was a long cord from the actual light to the cig plug, approx 12 ft. I was a little dissappointed with the controller. It was plastic and seemed light and a little cheap, but it did work and served its purpose well.

The light actually ended up fitting in my back window really nicely, one on each side of the break light. I used the light for demo purposes only and therefore did not mount it.

I was impressed with the light output. It was a very nice amber color, not yellowish. The light was really bright, and stood out very well, even coupled with my Whelen Vertex in my reverse lights! The controller had a on/off button, dir. right, dir, left, and change pattern button. The controller did have memory. The light patterns weren't anything too special, but did get the job done. Off axis lighting was pretty good, and straight on lighting was really good as well.

The light is currently SPF but I can honestly say that it would be a great light for anyone looking for a decent light for cheap. I wouldn't even think twice about buying another one if I needed it, that's for sure.

Here are some pictures and a video of it with my Vertexs going. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.